Four U.S. senators have resurrected legislation that would allow consumers to see and correct personal information held by data brokers and tell those businesses to stop sharing or selling it for marketing purposes.
Some Democratic senators want new laws that mandate security and privacy measures on the Internet of Things, as concern grows over personal data collected by connected devices.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate security practices at Home Depot following media reports that the hardware retailer's payment systems have been breached, two U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Mobile carriers have pulled in hundreds of millions in profits through third-party charges tacked onto customers' bills without their consent, according to a report from a U.S. Senate committee.
A U.S. senator has called on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate Target's security practices after the large retailer reported a data breach affecting 40 million customer credit and debit cards.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Several U.S. senators accused Google of giving search preferences to its own suite of services over competitors, but executive chairman Eric Schmidt denied that his company is manipulating search results during a hearing Wednesday.
A U.S. senator resurrected year-old questions about Google Street View cars sniffing Wi-Fi networks Tuesday, when he questioned a company representative about a patent application covering a process to pinpoint location based on nearby Wi-Fi signals.
Representatives of Apple and Google denied that they are collecting the personal information of owners of smartphones running their operating systems, but a U.S. senator questioned whether those denials were accurate during a hearing Tuesday.
Law enforcement officials from 38 states have sent a letter to Google, asking the company whether it tested its Street View mapping software before discovering it was snooping on Wi-Fi networks as the Street View cars drove through neighborhoods.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA