The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to hear a lawsuit challenging the U.S. National Security Agency's collection of U.S. phone records filed by a conservative activist, despite a lower court's ruling that the program may be illegal.
A U.S. surveillance court has renewed its approval of a U.S. National Security Agency program that collects U.S. residents' telephone records in bulk.
The U.S. Department of Justice will appeal a district judge's opinion saying a phone records collection program at the National Security Agency likely violates the U.S. Constitution.
The American Civil Liberties Union will appeal a judge's decision to throw out the civil liberties group's lawsuit challenging U.S. National Security Agency surveillance.
A U.S. National Security Agency surveillance review board report, to be released Wednesday, will recommend major changes in the way the agency tracks terrorism suspects, according to news reports.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC