The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to hear a lawsuit challenging the U.S. National Security Agency's collection of U.S. phone records filed by a conservative activist, despite a lower court's ruling that the program may be illegal.
A U.S. surveillance court has renewed its approval of a U.S. National Security Agency program that collects U.S. residents' telephone records in bulk.
The U.S. Department of Justice will appeal a district judge's opinion saying a phone records collection program at the National Security Agency likely violates the U.S. Constitution.
The American Civil Liberties Union will appeal a judge's decision to throw out the civil liberties group's lawsuit challenging U.S. National Security Agency surveillance.
A U.S. National Security Agency surveillance review board report, to be released Wednesday, will recommend major changes in the way the agency tracks terrorism suspects, according to news reports.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC