The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
Proposals in the U.S. Congress that would create new rules for websites collecting personal data would cripple the online advertising and publishing industries, e-commerce trade group NetChoice said Thursday.
Latest News Articles
- 'Canvas fingerprinting' tracking is sneaky but easy to halt
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III compact digital camera
- Baidu reports strong mobile ad sales, echoing Facebook
- Kogan enters wearables, fitness and health sectors with Fortis
- IoT inspires new components for energy, wireless
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $399 free shipping
- 7% off $129
- 57% off $29.95
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »