Research in Motion (RIM) has today announced that its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will launch in Australia on Monday 20 June, and will start at $579.
RIM BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
RIM's hotly anticipated BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is set to officially launch in Australia on 1 June, according to an industry source that has been testing the tablet who wished to remain anonymous.
The flip phone is a dying breed, but Research In Motion (RIM) is trying to bring it back with its latest handset, the BlackBerry Style. The Style sports a compact design and the latest version of the BlackBerry OS, but the camera is subpar and the ke...
Cisco expects RIM's new BlackBerry PlayBook to do well among businesses moving toward tablets, and help to augment customer demand for Cisco's WebEx service and Unified Communications Manager platforms.
Apple's iPad 2 may be the only dominant player in the tablet market, but it will soon face some strong competition from RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook. We were lucky enough to get some hands-on time with this hotly anticipated device, and we were left ver...
Research in Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry smartphones, recently unveiled the "enterprise-ready" 7in touchscreen BlackBerry Playbook tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContracts ManagerNSW