Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
Nokia has signed a new patent license agreement with Research In Motion, which will end all existing patent litigation between the two companies.
Research in Motion Monday issued its formal invitation to reporters and analysts to attend the previously announced Jan. 30 unveiling of the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones that will likely decide the company's fate.
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
Two thieves stole some $1.5 million in Apple iPad minis from a JFK airport cargo building, according to the New York Post.
Research In Motion will launch BlackBerry 10 and the two first smartphones based on the operating system on January 30.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Research in Motion (RIM) has today announced that its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will launch in Australia on Monday 20 June, and will start at $579.
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
Research In Motion (RIM) today announced that its latest BlackBerry 6 operating system is now available is a free software update for Vodafone users, but Telstra and Optus BlackBerry users will have to wait.
Research firm Gartner yesterday gave Microsoft a hard diss on the tablet front by not including Redmond in its recent tablet-OS four-year forecast.
Eight notorious apps from gambling to baby shaking that were yanked from app stores.
Motorola has launched a device-management software platform aimed at IT managers that works with a variety of brands, but excludes Research In Motion devices like the BlackBerry.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This is the closest thing Intel has built to a discrete GPU
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Box revises platform pricing to ease developer adoption
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW