Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
Nokia has signed a new patent license agreement with Research In Motion, which will end all existing patent litigation between the two companies.
Research in Motion Monday issued its formal invitation to reporters and analysts to attend the previously announced Jan. 30 unveiling of the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones that will likely decide the company's fate.
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
Two thieves stole some $1.5 million in Apple iPad minis from a JFK airport cargo building, according to the New York Post.
Research In Motion will launch BlackBerry 10 and the two first smartphones based on the operating system on January 30.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Research in Motion (RIM) has today announced that its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will launch in Australia on Monday 20 June, and will start at $579.
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
Research In Motion (RIM) today announced that its latest BlackBerry 6 operating system is now available is a free software update for Vodafone users, but Telstra and Optus BlackBerry users will have to wait.
Research firm Gartner yesterday gave Microsoft a hard diss on the tablet front by not including Redmond in its recent tablet-OS four-year forecast.
Eight notorious apps from gambling to baby shaking that were yanked from app stores.
Motorola has launched a device-management software platform aimed at IT managers that works with a variety of brands, but excludes Research In Motion devices like the BlackBerry.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTField EngineerVIC
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD