National security may be at stake as private businesses try to manage a growing number of cyberthreats, but IT professionals shouldn't have to bear that burden alone.
An analytics company is trying a novel approach to evaluating risk: by putting a price on it.
Data encryption could help enterprises protect their sensitive information against mass surveillance by governments, as well as guard against unauthorized access by ill-intended third parties, but the correct implementation and use of data encryption...
In a 2012 customer survey conducted by the Corporate Executive Board (CEB), 70 percent of respondents said they do not have a formal risk-appetite approach in place. "Seventeen percent said they have something in place that is actually working," conf...
Public companies may need to look more closely at their exposure to cyberattacks after new guidelines were released this week by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Heading into the heart of hurricane season 10 months after Sandy slammed the New York metropolitan area, Wall Street has had time to reassess and revamp backup plans.
Whitepapers about risk management
Presented in the form of the top 10 tips for cyber resilience, this whitepaper provides a simple, easy to digest guide for enterprise on how best to secure your business against cyber risk and threats.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China goes after unauthorized VPN access from local ISPs
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC