The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced Friday he will soon step down, following months of rumors that he would resign early this year.
Countries pushing for international regulation of the Internet through the U.N. International Telecommunication Union will not quit after a partial victory at an ITU meeting in December, some Internet government experts told U.S. lawmakers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA