The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced Friday he will soon step down, following months of rumors that he would resign early this year.
Countries pushing for international regulation of the Internet through the U.N. International Telecommunication Union will not quit after a partial victory at an ITU meeting in December, some Internet government experts told U.S. lawmakers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW