A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Analysts at the U.S. National Security Agency can gain access to the content of U.S. targets' phone calls and email messages without court orders, NSA leaker Edward Snowden said, contradicting denials from U.S. government sources.
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of a U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting customers of Verizon Communications.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI to probe new emails related to Clinton's private server
- New Windows code injection method could let malware bypass detection
- Uber drivers in the UK are employees, court rules
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- TPSenior Automation Test EngineerQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- CCICT Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW