A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Analysts at the U.S. National Security Agency can gain access to the content of U.S. targets' phone calls and email messages without court orders, NSA leaker Edward Snowden said, contradicting denials from U.S. government sources.
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of a U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting customers of Verizon Communications.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia