If you lose your hand in an accident, a prosthetic could cost well over $US10,000. But 3D printing holds out the promise of making simple replacement hands available for far less.
Drones aren't normally something that airlines want anywhere near their planes, but European budget airline EasyJet is eyeing their use to speed up aircraft inspections.
While Microsoft has made its voice-driven Cortana assistant available across Windows 10 devices, Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo is porting its own helper to a different kind of hardware -- a toy sheep.
Not far below the dream of owning a real lightsaber is the fantasy of every earthbound Jedi -- owning one's very own R2-D2. And if that droid can roll around and bring beer on command, all the better.
Mobile games giant DeNA hopes to begin a robot taxi service in Tokyo by 2020, joining Uber Technologies and Google in the race to offer self-driving cabs and cars.
If you think drones are more than slightly creepy, wait until you meet one that will autonomously follow you and record video.
Burglar alarms could soon incorporate drone-detection technology if a new service from a Japanese security company is anything to judge by.
In the burgeoning world of drones, autonomous devices that follow their leader are nothing new, but a Silicon Valley start-up hopes it has something unique with its drone that is both waterproof and can be thrown into the air to launch.
Drones don't normally need wheels, but they can come in handy on upside-down roads.
The U.S. Department of Transportation should begin to research technologies to combat "rogue" drone flights around sensitive areas like the White House and airports, a senator has recommended.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has announced tests of drones in urban areas as well as outside the pilot's line-of-sight, possibly paving the way for operations such as the aerial delivery of packages as proposed by companies like Amazon.co...
A California robotics startup is deploying a dual robot system to speed the delivery of goods purchased online.
The U.S. drone industry wants government regulations for private and commercial use of the remote-controlled devices as a way to ensure airspace safety, the head of a trade group says.
When Facebook expanded into a new campus in late March, the company released a stunning aerial photo of the site captured from a drone. In taking the picture, Facebook almost certainly broke two FAA regulations governing drone use.
The U.S. will take another step towards regular commercial flight of drones on Friday when the Federal Aviation Administration closes a two-month public comment period on proposed rules.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia