We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
If you lose your hand in an accident, a prosthetic could cost well over $US10,000. But 3D printing holds out the promise of making simple replacement hands available for far less.
Drones aren't normally something that airlines want anywhere near their planes, but European budget airline EasyJet is eyeing their use to speed up aircraft inspections.
While Microsoft has made its voice-driven Cortana assistant available across Windows 10 devices, Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo is porting its own helper to a different kind of hardware -- a toy sheep.
Not far below the dream of owning a real lightsaber is the fantasy of every earthbound Jedi -- owning one's very own R2-D2. And if that droid can roll around and bring beer on command, all the better.
Mobile games giant DeNA hopes to begin a robot taxi service in Tokyo by 2020, joining Uber Technologies and Google in the race to offer self-driving cabs and cars.
If you think drones are more than slightly creepy, wait until you meet one that will autonomously follow you and record video.
Burglar alarms could soon incorporate drone-detection technology if a new service from a Japanese security company is anything to judge by.
In the burgeoning world of drones, autonomous devices that follow their leader are nothing new, but a Silicon Valley start-up hopes it has something unique with its drone that is both waterproof and can be thrown into the air to launch.
Drones don't normally need wheels, but they can come in handy on upside-down roads.
The U.S. Department of Transportation should begin to research technologies to combat "rogue" drone flights around sensitive areas like the White House and airports, a senator has recommended.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has announced tests of drones in urban areas as well as outside the pilot's line-of-sight, possibly paving the way for operations such as the aerial delivery of packages as proposed by companies like Amazon.co...
A California robotics startup is deploying a dual robot system to speed the delivery of goods purchased online.
The U.S. drone industry wants government regulations for private and commercial use of the remote-controlled devices as a way to ensure airspace safety, the head of a trade group says.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT