Amazon on Wednesday will call on the U.S. Congress to embrace automated drone flights and come up with a set of simple, nationwide regulations that will allow its proposed Prime Air service to get off the ground.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
If you lose your hand in an accident, a prosthetic could cost well over $US10,000. But 3D printing holds out the promise of making simple replacement hands available for far less.
Drones aren't normally something that airlines want anywhere near their planes, but European budget airline EasyJet is eyeing their use to speed up aircraft inspections.
While Microsoft has made its voice-driven Cortana assistant available across Windows 10 devices, Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo is porting its own helper to a different kind of hardware -- a toy sheep.
Not far below the dream of owning a real lightsaber is the fantasy of every earthbound Jedi -- owning one's very own R2-D2. And if that droid can roll around and bring beer on command, all the better.
Mobile games giant DeNA hopes to begin a robot taxi service in Tokyo by 2020, joining Uber Technologies and Google in the race to offer self-driving cabs and cars.
If you think drones are more than slightly creepy, wait until you meet one that will autonomously follow you and record video.
Burglar alarms could soon incorporate drone-detection technology if a new service from a Japanese security company is anything to judge by.
In the burgeoning world of drones, autonomous devices that follow their leader are nothing new, but a Silicon Valley start-up hopes it has something unique with its drone that is both waterproof and can be thrown into the air to launch.
Drones don't normally need wheels, but they can come in handy on upside-down roads.
The U.S. Department of Transportation should begin to research technologies to combat "rogue" drone flights around sensitive areas like the White House and airports, a senator has recommended.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has announced tests of drones in urban areas as well as outside the pilot's line-of-sight, possibly paving the way for operations such as the aerial delivery of packages as proposed by companies like Amazon.co...
A California robotics startup is deploying a dual robot system to speed the delivery of goods purchased online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC