Amazon on Wednesday will call on the U.S. Congress to embrace automated drone flights and come up with a set of simple, nationwide regulations that will allow its proposed Prime Air service to get off the ground.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
If you lose your hand in an accident, a prosthetic could cost well over $US10,000. But 3D printing holds out the promise of making simple replacement hands available for far less.
Drones aren't normally something that airlines want anywhere near their planes, but European budget airline EasyJet is eyeing their use to speed up aircraft inspections.
While Microsoft has made its voice-driven Cortana assistant available across Windows 10 devices, Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo is porting its own helper to a different kind of hardware -- a toy sheep.
Not far below the dream of owning a real lightsaber is the fantasy of every earthbound Jedi -- owning one's very own R2-D2. And if that droid can roll around and bring beer on command, all the better.
Mobile games giant DeNA hopes to begin a robot taxi service in Tokyo by 2020, joining Uber Technologies and Google in the race to offer self-driving cabs and cars.
If you think drones are more than slightly creepy, wait until you meet one that will autonomously follow you and record video.
Burglar alarms could soon incorporate drone-detection technology if a new service from a Japanese security company is anything to judge by.
In the burgeoning world of drones, autonomous devices that follow their leader are nothing new, but a Silicon Valley start-up hopes it has something unique with its drone that is both waterproof and can be thrown into the air to launch.
Drones don't normally need wheels, but they can come in handy on upside-down roads.
The U.S. Department of Transportation should begin to research technologies to combat "rogue" drone flights around sensitive areas like the White House and airports, a senator has recommended.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has announced tests of drones in urban areas as well as outside the pilot's line-of-sight, possibly paving the way for operations such as the aerial delivery of packages as proposed by companies like Amazon.co...
A California robotics startup is deploying a dual robot system to speed the delivery of goods purchased online.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++SA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTPerformance TesterWA
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT