The Navy has given researchers at Florida Atlantic University a $258,008 grant to study the movement of fish in order to enhance the motion of underwater vehicles.
In just five years, intelligent systems and robots may take up to 6% of U.S. jobs.
Amazon is always on the lookout for new robotic technologies to improve efficiency in its warehouses, and this year deep learning appears to be leading the way.
Boston Dynamics' newest robot, SpotMini, is quiet, small, and willing to help out with the dishes.
Seagate is targeting drones and robots as it looks to add its storage technologies to new devices.
Robotics will replace some human workers in their jobs, but technology will also create new, more interesting jobs for people, according to a report from Forrester Research.
High-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk has his sights set on building robots that can do housework, have conversations and play games.
Roboticist and artist, Alexander Reben, says he created the first robot build for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on people, all to get them talking about artificial intelligence.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
The Trainerbot is a smart ping pong robot that aims to take your skills to the next level.
It's one thing to keep robots from crashing into fixed obstacles like walls or furniture, but preventing collisions with other moving things is a much tougher challenge.
Robots may not be coming for your job, but they are expected to move into the workforce over the next 10 to 20 years.
SoftBank's Pepper robot may still be the better-known contender, but a new humanoid device from Hitachi aims to be the in-store sales rep of the future.
Intel's got its eyes on making self-driving cars, robots and industrial equipment safer with a new acquisition.
Practically every mobile vendor and service provider at Mobile World Congress will have demonstrations -- or at least visions -- of what they think the future 5G mobile standard will be able to do.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
- Helping businesses prepare for the workplace of the future, today
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT