Businesses aren't rushing to create paperless offices; in fact, some are relying on paper documents more than ever, according to a new study by CompTIA.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
An initiative from The Open Group has developed a set of key considerations for how to build and measure return on investment (ROI) for cloud computing initiatives from a business perspective. By examining the benefits cloud computing offers organiza...
Server virtualization is supposed to save buckets of cash, largely from server reduction. After all, consolidating some 20 physical servers to three host servers means less hardware, power and cooling, and management overhead.
The promise of cost savings derived from cloud computing is attractive, but concrete financial returns are not always quickly achieved. Except, perhaps, when it comes to disaster recovery.
While Web 2.0 applications such as blogs, wikis and social networks have been wildly popular with consumers, efforts to measure the technology's success for businesses have returned mixed results. In fact, recent research from the Burton Group indica...
Whitepapers about roi
This whitepaper contains case study research by Forrester consulting focused on continuous availability and the total economic impact of deploying EMC technology The study provides readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of EMC technology on their organisations To better understand the benefits, costs and risks associated with deploying the technology, Forrester interviewed four current EMC customers. Research also revealed how to minimize downtime, improve asset utilisation and load balancing, while increasing efficiency in data migration and hardware maintenance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC