Businesses aren't rushing to create paperless offices; in fact, some are relying on paper documents more than ever, according to a new study by CompTIA.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
An initiative from The Open Group has developed a set of key considerations for how to build and measure return on investment (ROI) for cloud computing initiatives from a business perspective. By examining the benefits cloud computing offers organiza...
Server virtualization is supposed to save buckets of cash, largely from server reduction. After all, consolidating some 20 physical servers to three host servers means less hardware, power and cooling, and management overhead.
The promise of cost savings derived from cloud computing is attractive, but concrete financial returns are not always quickly achieved. Except, perhaps, when it comes to disaster recovery.
While Web 2.0 applications such as blogs, wikis and social networks have been wildly popular with consumers, efforts to measure the technology's success for businesses have returned mixed results. In fact, recent research from the Burton Group indica...
Whitepapers about roi
This whitepaper contains case study research by Forrester consulting focused on continuous availability and the total economic impact of deploying EMC technology The study provides readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of EMC technology on their organisations To better understand the benefits, costs and risks associated with deploying the technology, Forrester interviewed four current EMC customers. Research also revealed how to minimize downtime, improve asset utilisation and load balancing, while increasing efficiency in data migration and hardware maintenance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT