A self-replicating program is infecting Linksys routers by exploiting an authentication bypass vulnerability in various models from the vendor's E-Series product line.
Asus is now distributing a firmware update that will change the default security settings on its broadband routers after files on thousands of external hard drives were found easily accessible over the Internet.
Cisco Systems promised to issue firmware updates removing a backdoor from a wireless access point and two of its routers later this month. The undocumented feature could allow unauthenticated remote attackers to gain administrative access to the devi...
Files on thousands of hard drives connected to broadband routers from Asus are easily accessible over the Internet due to unsecure default settings, according to industry experts and tests conducted by PC World Norway and TechWorld Sweden.
The growing popularity of 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Ethernet in data centers helped propel the entire Ethernet switch market during the third quarter, according to IDC.
Vulnerabilities in the management interfaces of some wireless router and network-attached storage products from Netgear expose the devices to remote attacks that could result in their complete compromise, researchers warn.
D-Link will address by the end of October a security issue in some of its routers that could allow attackers to change the device settings without requiring a username and password.
Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
As part of the Open Compute Project (OCP), Facebook's network engineering team is leading a project to develop an open source networking switch.
PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
Get ready for a ridiculous boost in wireless networking speed. Two camps are competing to deliver wireless components that are at least seven times faster than today's gigabit (IEEE 802.11ac) routers. By harnessing spectrum in the unlicensed 60GHz fr...
Hoping to extend Linux's reach to ARM-based networking equipment, the not-for-profit engineering group Linaro has launched an initiative to develop code to run routers, switches and other networking equipment.
New 802.11ac routers launching at International CES promise users gigabit-speeds and better performance when streaming video.
In a project that has taken longer than company engineers anticipated, Google is rolling out IPv6 across its entire internal employee network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC