Technical details about a vulnerability in Linksys routers that's being exploited by a new worm have been released Sunday along with a proof-of-concept exploit and a larger than earlier expected list of potentially vulnerable device models.
A self-replicating program is infecting Linksys routers by exploiting an authentication bypass vulnerability in various models from the vendor's E-Series product line.
Asus is now distributing a firmware update that will change the default security settings on its broadband routers after files on thousands of external hard drives were found easily accessible over the Internet.
Cisco Systems promised to issue firmware updates removing a backdoor from a wireless access point and two of its routers later this month. The undocumented feature could allow unauthenticated remote attackers to gain administrative access to the devi...
Files on thousands of hard drives connected to broadband routers from Asus are easily accessible over the Internet due to unsecure default settings, according to industry experts and tests conducted by PC World Norway and TechWorld Sweden.
The growing popularity of 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Ethernet in data centers helped propel the entire Ethernet switch market during the third quarter, according to IDC.
Vulnerabilities in the management interfaces of some wireless router and network-attached storage products from Netgear expose the devices to remote attacks that could result in their complete compromise, researchers warn.
D-Link will address by the end of October a security issue in some of its routers that could allow attackers to change the device settings without requiring a username and password.
Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
As part of the Open Compute Project (OCP), Facebook's network engineering team is leading a project to develop an open source networking switch.
PowerCloud Systems, a company spun out of the famed PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)--birthplace of the etthernet, laser printing, and the graphical user interface--aims to upend the consumer networking market with a new cloud-managed Wi-Fi router.
Get ready for a ridiculous boost in wireless networking speed. Two camps are competing to deliver wireless components that are at least seven times faster than today's gigabit (IEEE 802.11ac) routers. By harnessing spectrum in the unlicensed 60GHz fr...
Hoping to extend Linux's reach to ARM-based networking equipment, the not-for-profit engineering group Linaro has launched an initiative to develop code to run routers, switches and other networking equipment.
New 802.11ac routers launching at International CES promise users gigabit-speeds and better performance when streaming video.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- Bringing IoT data into public clouds is getting easier
- Six senators demand more details about the Yahoo data breach
- Swift CEO reveals three more failed attacks on banking network
- Microsoft Azure networking is speeding up, thanks to custom hardware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW