Cybercriminals are increasingly copying cyberespionage groups in using targeted attacks against their victims instead of large-scale, indiscriminate infection campaigns.
The president of one of the world's biggest computer security vendors says he is skeptical that a stronger government role in cyberdefense will abate the growing number of attacks.
The world’s largest security show is operating under a booth babe ban, leaving exhibitors to stretch their imaginations to get more visitors to stop by.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
A two-year malware campaign that abused a widely used payment instrument unique to Brazil may have netted an eye-popping US$3.75 billion.
A new Trojan program that can spy on victims, steal login credentials and interfere with browsing sessions is being sold on the underground market and might soon see wider distribution.
Despite a leak of its source code, an Android program aimed at compromising online bank accounts is still commanding US$5,000 per copy, one of the highest prices seen for a type of malware, according to research from Symantec.
Cybercriminals have started using a sophisticated Android Trojan app designed for e-banking fraud to target Facebook users, possibly in an attempt to bypass the two-factor authentication protection on the social network.
Retailers will face an increased risk of data breaches after Microsoft ends support for Windows XP, a version of which powers the majority of modern cash registers, security vendor Symantec warned in a report published Monday.
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
Security researcher Mikko Hypponen has canceled his talk at a RSA security conference in San Francisco, reacting to a report that the security division of EMC allegedly received US$10 million from the U.S. National Security Agency to use a flawed ran...
The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) paid US$10 million to vendor RSA in a "secret" deal to incorporate a deliberately flawed encryption algorithm into widely used security software, according to a Reuters report that is reigniting controversy abo...
A new variant of a Trojan program that targets online banking accounts also contains code to search if infected computers have SAP client applications installed, suggesting that attackers might target SAP systems in the future.
Security experts used fake Facebook and LinkedIn profiles pretending to represent a smart, attractive young woman to penetrate the defenses of a U.S. government agency with a high level of cybersecurity awareness, as part of an exercise that shows ho...
Law enforcement agencies should be allowed to hack into computers to identify cybercriminals and collect evidence, representatives from Europol and the Dutch National Police argued in front of a room full of security professionals at the RSA Europe s...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)WA