U.S. residents have the right to resell software and other products protected by copyright even when they are manufactured overseas, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
U.S. residents who buy products protected by copyright shouldn't have to worry about where those products were manufactured before reselling them, a lawyer told the U.S. Supreme Court Monday.
U.S. Supreme Court justices questioned Monday whether they should side with Microsoft and weaken the legal standard needed to invalidate a patent, with some justices suggesting there are alternatives to changing established law.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD