Cisco Systems plans to acquire Internet of Things platform company, Jasper Technologies, for more than $US1.4 billion, giving the networking giant an even larger role in enterprises' growing use of IoT.
You're no longer in control of your data once you hand it over to a cloud storage provider, but you're legally still responsible for it. Knowing what's in your cloud-provider contract is critical, says tech attorney Milton Petersen.
Workday's HR software-as-a-service tool wins praise for ease-of-use, but it remains to be seen whether the company's financial module will be adopted as quickly
Software as a service is here to stay. So CIOs need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
If your company suffered a data breach, would you know what to do to comply with state, federal and local law? Start-up Co3 Systems is offering a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application to tackle that unhappy task, tracking how a corporate data-loss...
Subway, a fast-food franchise operation with 35,000 restaurants worldwide, expected to host a new, mission-critical financial system at its own data centers but ended up doing the opposite.
The overall amount of venture capital invested in startups is on the rise, though the networking and telecom industries haven’t been big contributors of late.
Google on Thursday downplayed a report that the city of Los Angeles may file a lawsuit against it due to delays in implementing a much touted $7.2 million contract to replace Novell GroupWise applications with the Google Apps for Government hosted em...
Coty is growing.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
I'm guessing many of you are asking if cloud computing isn't just a new name for ASPs, software as a service, outsourcing or, for us older guys, timesharing. While the cloud certainly shares principles with all of them, something more significant is ...
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
As more sourcing executives consider incorporating SaaS solutions into their overall technology vendor landscape, the potential to significantly disrupt the current software market grows. And while SaaS adoption is expected to expand in the coming ye...
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
In the nascent battle between Google and Microsoft> for enterprise software customers, there is one stark reality that customers who choose Google must accept: Google's future does not depend on the success of Google Apps.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Before 5G, some mobile users may get almost-5G
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC