Cisco Systems plans to acquire Internet of Things platform company, Jasper Technologies, for more than $US1.4 billion, giving the networking giant an even larger role in enterprises' growing use of IoT.
You're no longer in control of your data once you hand it over to a cloud storage provider, but you're legally still responsible for it. Knowing what's in your cloud-provider contract is critical, says tech attorney Milton Petersen.
Workday's HR software-as-a-service tool wins praise for ease-of-use, but it remains to be seen whether the company's financial module will be adopted as quickly
Software as a service is here to stay. So CIOs need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
If your company suffered a data breach, would you know what to do to comply with state, federal and local law? Start-up Co3 Systems is offering a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application to tackle that unhappy task, tracking how a corporate data-loss...
Subway, a fast-food franchise operation with 35,000 restaurants worldwide, expected to host a new, mission-critical financial system at its own data centers but ended up doing the opposite.
The overall amount of venture capital invested in startups is on the rise, though the networking and telecom industries haven’t been big contributors of late.
Google on Thursday downplayed a report that the city of Los Angeles may file a lawsuit against it due to delays in implementing a much touted $7.2 million contract to replace Novell GroupWise applications with the Google Apps for Government hosted em...
Coty is growing.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
I'm guessing many of you are asking if cloud computing isn't just a new name for ASPs, software as a service, outsourcing or, for us older guys, timesharing. While the cloud certainly shares principles with all of them, something more significant is ...
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
As more sourcing executives consider incorporating SaaS solutions into their overall technology vendor landscape, the potential to significantly disrupt the current software market grows. And while SaaS adoption is expected to expand in the coming ye...
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
In the nascent battle between Google and Microsoft> for enterprise software customers, there is one stark reality that customers who choose Google must accept: Google's future does not depend on the success of Google Apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC