Cisco Systems plans to acquire Internet of Things platform company, Jasper Technologies, for more than $US1.4 billion, giving the networking giant an even larger role in enterprises' growing use of IoT.
You're no longer in control of your data once you hand it over to a cloud storage provider, but you're legally still responsible for it. Knowing what's in your cloud-provider contract is critical, says tech attorney Milton Petersen.
Workday's HR software-as-a-service tool wins praise for ease-of-use, but it remains to be seen whether the company's financial module will be adopted as quickly
Software as a service is here to stay. So CIOs need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
If your company suffered a data breach, would you know what to do to comply with state, federal and local law? Start-up Co3 Systems is offering a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application to tackle that unhappy task, tracking how a corporate data-loss...
Subway, a fast-food franchise operation with 35,000 restaurants worldwide, expected to host a new, mission-critical financial system at its own data centers but ended up doing the opposite.
The overall amount of venture capital invested in startups is on the rise, though the networking and telecom industries haven’t been big contributors of late.
Google on Thursday downplayed a report that the city of Los Angeles may file a lawsuit against it due to delays in implementing a much touted $7.2 million contract to replace Novell GroupWise applications with the Google Apps for Government hosted em...
Coty is growing.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
I'm guessing many of you are asking if cloud computing isn't just a new name for ASPs, software as a service, outsourcing or, for us older guys, timesharing. While the cloud certainly shares principles with all of them, something more significant is ...
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
As more sourcing executives consider incorporating SaaS solutions into their overall technology vendor landscape, the potential to significantly disrupt the current software market grows. And while SaaS adoption is expected to expand in the coming ye...
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
In the nascent battle between Google and Microsoft> for enterprise software customers, there is one stark reality that customers who choose Google must accept: Google's future does not depend on the success of Google Apps.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA