Cisco Systems plans to acquire Internet of Things platform company, Jasper Technologies, for more than $US1.4 billion, giving the networking giant an even larger role in enterprises' growing use of IoT.
You're no longer in control of your data once you hand it over to a cloud storage provider, but you're legally still responsible for it. Knowing what's in your cloud-provider contract is critical, says tech attorney Milton Petersen.
Workday's HR software-as-a-service tool wins praise for ease-of-use, but it remains to be seen whether the company's financial module will be adopted as quickly
Software as a service is here to stay. So CIOs need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
If your company suffered a data breach, would you know what to do to comply with state, federal and local law? Start-up Co3 Systems is offering a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application to tackle that unhappy task, tracking how a corporate data-loss...
Subway, a fast-food franchise operation with 35,000 restaurants worldwide, expected to host a new, mission-critical financial system at its own data centers but ended up doing the opposite.
The overall amount of venture capital invested in startups is on the rise, though the networking and telecom industries haven’t been big contributors of late.
Google on Thursday downplayed a report that the city of Los Angeles may file a lawsuit against it due to delays in implementing a much touted $7.2 million contract to replace Novell GroupWise applications with the Google Apps for Government hosted em...
Coty is growing.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
I'm guessing many of you are asking if cloud computing isn't just a new name for ASPs, software as a service, outsourcing or, for us older guys, timesharing. While the cloud certainly shares principles with all of them, something more significant is ...
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
As more sourcing executives consider incorporating SaaS solutions into their overall technology vendor landscape, the potential to significantly disrupt the current software market grows. And while SaaS adoption is expected to expand in the coming ye...
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
In the nascent battle between Google and Microsoft> for enterprise software customers, there is one stark reality that customers who choose Google must accept: Google's future does not depend on the success of Google Apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW