A Brussels court has ruled that Belgian ISPs don't have to pay copyright levies for offering access to copyright protected materials online.
A plan by the Belgian association of authors, composers and publishers to make ISPs pay copyright levies for offering access to copyright-protected material online violates the European e-commerce directive, a Belgian government spokeswoman said Wedn...
Sabam, the Belgian association of authors, composers and publishers, has sued the country's three biggest ISPs, saying that they should be paying copyright levies for offering access to copyright protected materials online.
In what some consider to be a landmark decision, the European Court of Justice ruled Thursday that forcing Internet service providers (ISPs) to monitor consumer traffic in order to block copyright infringement is incompatible with European Union laws...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW