Chrome 55 is here with the promise of defaulting to HTML5 instead of Flash for most of the web—though as far as we can tell that's not quite the case.
Large numbers of Mac users report receiving unexpected installation dialogs for Google Earth.
Google's long-running strategy to kill Flash usage is nearing its endgame this December.
Amazon's Cloud Player music streaming service launched only with Android compatibility, but an update rolled out this weekend quietly introduced basic support for Apple's iOS. If you have an Amazon Cloud Drive account (5GB free, plus a free 20GB upgr...
Many cynical users assume Web browsers do little more than dutifully render HTML. The content is the most important part, they say, so it makes little difference which browser you use.
When it comes to browser security, Internet Explorer usually gets ridiculed and beaten up the most. And though Microsoft's IE8 was quickly unraveled at Pwn2Own, Apple's Safari 5 was hugely embarrassed by getting hacked in five seconds flat.
With all eyes on the iPad 2 that becomes available tomorrow at 5 p.m. in each time zone, Apple has released its iOS 4.3 update for the first-gen iPad, iPhone 3G&nbsp;S, non-Verizon Wireless iPhone 4, and recent iPod Touch models. InfoWorld.com ra...
The newly released sixth preview of Internet Explorer 9 best handles the forthcoming HTML5 standard, followed by Google's Chrome 7 Web browser, according to recent early tests by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
A feature in Apple's Safari browser designed to make it easier to fill out forms could by abused by hackers to harvest personal information, according to a security researcher.
Google Chrome is now the third-most-popular browser in the U.S., behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox, but ahead of Apple's Safari for the first time, according to a study by Web analytics company StatCounter.
Apple on Monday shipped the latest version of its Safari browser, patching a record 48 vulnerabilities, including one that a pair of hackers exploited in March to win a $US15,000 prize.
Apple claimed at WWDC that its new Safari 5 browser is "fastest." Faster than Chrome; faster than Firefox; and definitely faster than IE. Naturally, this was a red rag to the proverbial male Bos primigenius, so smarty-pants everywhere had to go see f...
Two years after fixing a security bug in the Windows version of its Safari browser, Apple apparently has decided that Mac users can go without a fix.
Mozilla has expanded a service that checks if a browser's plugins are current to now scan Internet Explorer, Safari Opera and Chrome in addition to its own Firefox.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snowden allowed to stay in Russia longer
- Your car's parts could one day be made by a printer
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW