Now 15 years old and counting, Salesforce.com's CRM application gained maturity long ago, but as the upcoming Summer '14 release shows, the company is still adding hundreds of enhancements and tweaks to it multiple times per year.
Microsoft remains committed to trouncing Salesforce.com in the CRM market.
Microsoft and Salesforce.com have become corporate buddies, pledging to integrate their flagship products in what they're calling a "global, strategic partnership".
Salesforce.com is moving quickly to enhance the new mobile application it unveiled at November's Dreamforce conference, with some 30 new features aimed at helping customers work through complex business processes in a single environment on their phon...
SAP is scooping up SeeWhy, maker of real-time targeted marketing software, in a bid to flesh out the omni-channel commerce platform it gained through last year's acquisition of Hybris.
Salesforce.com has made another step toward unifying its family of application development technologies with Salesforce1 Heroku Connect, which synchronizes data between its Force.com platform and Heroku.
Leaders of key technology companies including Microsoft, Google, Twitter and Salesforce.com have written to the Governor of California Jerry Brown offering to partner with the state to increase computer education in kindergarten to 12th grade schools...
Salesforce.com is releasing Social Studio, a new product that combines features from its Radian6 social-media-monitoring technology with the content publishing capabilities of its Buddy Media software for marketers.
Salesforce.com was so impressed by the Mayday customer support feature that Amazon.com rolled out for its Kindle Fire HDX tablets that it's now working to create its own version.
Marketcircle's Daylite CRM application for Macs, iPhones and iPads has been overhauled with the goal of providing a cleaner user experience and better ways to quickly bring up and view important customer data.
Independent Oracle and SAP support provider Rimini Street will now offer integration services for customers who want to adopt SaaS (software-as-a-service) offerings from the likes of Salesforce.com and Workday.
Fast-growing cloud software vendor Salesforce.com is planning to expand its San Francisco headquarters by more than 700,000 square feet, taking a 15.5-year lease on a 61-story office building under construction.
Salesforce.com is betting that a push into industry-specific versions of its cloud-based software can help it maintain its breakneck pace of growth, and even usurp SAP as the industry's largest enterprise application vendor.
Oracle has overtaken rival IBM as the world's second-largest software vendor by pulling in $US29.6 billion in software revenue during 2013, according to analyst firm Gartner.
SugarCRM customers will soon be able to import business contact data from Dun & Bradstreet, giving them a new means for finding and closing deals more efficiently.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snowden allowed to stay in Russia longer
- Your car's parts could one day be made by a printer
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW