Former U.S. Secretary of State and retired Army general Colin Powell has joined the board of Salesforce.com, in a move that gives the cloud software vendor a seasoned Washington insider on its team as it looks to generate more business from governmen...
Microsoft has completed a series of moves aimed at making its Dynamics AX ERP software a more viable option for large enterprises, and plans to showcase them this week during the Convergence conference in Atlanta.
Salesforce.com is planning to open three data centers in Europe, as well as create 500 additional jobs there after posting a 41 percent jump in European revenue during its fiscal 2014.
Salesforce.com's rapid growth is now being fueled increasingly by large deals for its cloud software, according to CEO Marc Benioff.
Salesforce.com-backed FinancialForce.com is taking a leap into the burgeoning market for cloud-based ERP (enterprise resource planning) software, offering a suite that combines its core finance software with modules for human resources, supply chain ...
After spending billions to acquire a series of marketing-related software companies, Oracle is now undergoing the process of creating a unified suite it can take to battle against competing offerings from the likes of Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Microsoft is about to make a fresh run at its CRM (customer relationship management) rival Salesforce.com with new capabilities for marketing automation, customer support and social media monitoring.
Customer experience has emerged as one of the enterprise software industry's hotter segments of late, as companies try to run marketing, sales and support across both traditional and digital channels.
Salesforce.com has announced a new set of tools aimed at Microsoft .NET developers, in a move that acknowledges customers' existing investment in .NET and which could help expand the size of Salesforce.com's developer community.
Kicking off an initiative to better bridge cloud services with its own software, Oracle has released an adapter that allows organizations to copy data between their Salesforce.com accounts and Oracle software.
Salesforce.com has spent plenty of time lately discussing its new Salesforce1 development platform, but most of its customers remain focused on the vendor's core CRM (customer relationship management) application, which has just received a significan...
Oracle is buying Corente, maker of SDN (software-defined networking) technology for WANs (wide area networks), in a strike against competitors such as Cisco and IBM. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close early this year, weren't disclosed on ...
Microsoft is rounding out its Dynamics CRM (customer relationship management) product by acquiring Parature, maker of cloud-based software companies can use to create self-service portals for customers.
While the bulk of enterprise software is still deployed on-premises, SaaS (software as a service) continues to undergo rapid growth. Gartner has said the total market will top $22 billion through 2015, up from more than $14 billion in 2012.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW