Salesforce.com says it now has 1.4 million registered developers, almost double the number it had a year ago, a growth spurt one analyst called "stunning."
Yahoo is taking a "mobile first" approach to its product strategy, to the point where mobility could reinvent the company, according to CEO Marissa Mayer.
Much has been made about the "Internet of things," but behind every device is a customer, and companies that fail to recognize this do so at their own peril, according to Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff.
Customers of Salesforce.com who want their own dedicated infrastructure within the vendor's cloud will now be able to get one through a partnership with Hewlett-Packard.
Salesforce.com aims to establish its image as a full-blown CRM (customer relationship management) development platform built for the world of social media and mobile devices with the launch of Salesforce1, which will be unveiled this week at the Drea...
Salesforce.com's customers have become more loyal and committed to using products from the vendor and its partners over the past year, according to a new report from consulting firm Bluewolf in collaboration with the MIT Sloan School of Management.
Zoho has added a series of features to its CRM (customer relationship management) software in a bid to appeal to larger companies as well as lure away customers from the likes of Salesforce.com.
Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference will kick off next week in San Francisco, and with a reported 120,000 people registered to attend in person and virtually, it will be the cloud software vendor's biggest shindig yet.
SugarCRM is hoping to gain inroads against its much larger rival Salesforce.com with a revamped user interface it says places emphasis on the needs of individual users, not business managers seeking a wide view of sales activity in their company.
Red Hat is cutting prices on the commercial version of its OpenShift Online PaaS (platform as a service) and making it available in more European countries, moves aimed at gaining a stronger foothold in one of the enterprise software industry's hotte...
The global market for PaaS (platform as a service) is set to leap from US$3.8 billion last year to more than $14 billion in 2017 as companies look to cut infrastructure costs and speed up application development, according to newly released research ...
You might think Okta CEO Todd McKinnon would be concerned by the fact that Salesforce.com just launched a competing cloud identity management service, but if McKinnon indeed is, he's good at hiding it.
Salesforce.com has long had a public AppExchange software marketplace, but now it's going to give customers the ability to create their own private AppExchanges where employees can download applications to use in their jobs.
Salesforce.com really wants lots of developers to come to its Dreamforce conference next month in San Francisco. As in, really.
Oracle is rolling out a series of new features for its Eloqua marketing automation suite, hoping to get a leg up on rivals such as Salesforce.com and IBM in the red-hot software segment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT