Samsung Electronics has appointed Carl Rose as its new vice-president of consumer electronics.
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost busines...
A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
Samsung Electronics' latest flagship smartphone has some great hardware in a compact chassis for a device with a 5.7-inch screen. But there are some missing features and the price tag is eye watering.
With glass, metal and a number of hardware improvements, Samsung Electronics is hoping to entice consumers to spend big on its latest smartphones with large screens, the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+.
LG Electronics is joining the high-quality audio delivery business with the launch of a service that can be used with premium smartphones.
Samsung Electronics is hosting its second major product launch of the year in New York Thursday, with a lot riding on the expected debut of the large format Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+. Carrying forward designs reminiscent of the existing S6 sm...
Samsung Electronics has begun mass production of 256-gigabit 3D vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash memories, clearing the way for higher-capacity memory that doesn't take up more room.
Chinese vendors tripled shipments year-on-year in the second quarter in the Indian market, indicating that low-cost vendors are posing a challenge to global players like Apple in a very price-sensitive market.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Samsung Electronics is stepping up its payments push with the launch of a payment service that lets users buy content on some of its newer smart TVs.
Google's started a car company...Samsung puts $85 million into cancer-victim fund...Apple explores offering phone service...and more tech news.
Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
Samsung's bigger Galaxy S6 likely in August...Most Android phones can be hacked via an MMS...Leading researchers want autonomous weapons ban...and more tech news.
Samsung Electronics has announced a key event in August in New York, suggesting that the company may be attempting to launch new products ahead of Apple's closely-watched annual iPhone event a month later.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSenior Software DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC