Faster memory is a focal point in the race to boost application performance, and an industry consortium aims to make computers zippy with a new specification released on Tuesday.
Leading tech vendors again urged European officials to protect them from patent trolls while creating a new pan-European patent system.
The Galaxy S5 from Samsung Electronics sports an improved camera and a fingerprint reader.
Samsung's decision to run Tizen on its next smartwatches is a step in the right direction for the operating system, but whether the company will also put out smartphones remains to be seen.
Samsung will soon put on sale two new smartwatches, the Gear 2 and the Gear 2 Neo, which both run its Tizen operating system instead of Android.
The newer smartphone OS entrants competing to chip away at the dominance of Android and iOS are heading to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress, and facing a landscape that has changed since last year's show.
Samsung said Thursday that the long-awaited update to its Galaxy Camera will become available for US$449.99 in mid-March, and that the $999 NX30 Smart camera is available immediately.
Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller is among the witnesses that lawyers for Samsung plan to call when the two companies return to court in California in late March.
Global smartwatch shipments reached 1.9 million units last year, and Google's Android mobile OS captured a 61 percent market share, according to Strategy Analytics.
LG Electronics has launched the G Pro 2, another option for people who want smartphones with supersized screens. To succeed, the device will have to outcompete products like the Galaxy Note 3 from Samsung, and there isn't much to tell the two apart w...
Samsung has joined the fledgling OpenPower Consortium, an alliance led by IBM to push Power-based chip designs into hardware products such as servers.
The Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has closed its investigation into attempts by Samsung Electronics to use standards-essential patents (SEPs) to ban Apple products from the U.S. market. A decision in a similar case in the...
A U.S. judge has denied Samsung's request for a retrial in a patent dispute with Apple, but she also chastised Apple's lawyers for making the Korean firm's "foreignness" an issue in closing remarks to the jury.
Samsung Electronics is planning a launch event dubbed Unpacked 5 at Mobile World Congress, hinting that it will launch the Galaxy S5 there.
A court in California has decided not to sanction Samsung Electronics for the leak of confidential Apple licensing information, stating that the information had not been misused in patent negotiations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW