A South Korean court on Thursday ruled against Samsung Electronics in a lawsuit that threatened to ban older iPhone and iPad models in the country for alleged patent infringement.
Apple has incurred legal costs of over US$60 million in its court battle against Samsung in California, and the bill is still rising.
Samsung, Philips and electronics retailer Media-Saturn were among the companies raided by European officials this week as part of an investigation into possible anticompetitive agreements about online sales of electronics.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Apple is seeking to bar Samsung Electronics executives with knowledge of leaked confidential information from negotiating any mobile device licenses for the South Korean company for the next two years.
Huawei Technologies remains the world's biggest vendor of cellular networks despite being effectively locked out of the huge U.S. LTE market.
A court in California has ruled against Samsung Electronics' attempt to stay the proceedings in a patent dispute with Apple, agreeing with Apple that the procedure for reexamination of its patent could take years, and there was no certainty the resul...
Samsung Electronics has upgraded its large-screen smartphone, the Galaxy Grand, with a quad-core processor and an even bigger, HD screen.
A Samsung Electronics patent the company has declared essential to the implementation of 3G mobile standards is likely to be invalid, the Regional Court of Mannheim in Germany said Friday.
A jury has ordered Samsung to pay US$290 million to Apple for infringement of several of its patents in multiple Samsung smartphones and tablets.
Apple has contested Samsung Electronics' plea for a stay in the damages retrial currently in a federal court in California, stating that the reexamination proceedings by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office of an important patent in the lawsuit "are ...
Law enforcement officials trying to rein in violent smartphone theft have criticized cellular operators who they say rejected a solution that would help address the problem.
Waiting for a jury verdict at the Apple-Samsung trial is both tedious and tense, so it doesn't take much to bring lawyers and reporters scurrying to the courtroom.
For the past five days, eight jurors, one judge and a handful of reporters in a California courtroom have listened to a couple of dozen lawyers argue over hundreds of millions of dollars that Samsung might owe to Apple for infringing its patents.
Samsung Electronics' worldwide tour to drum up developer interest stopped in London on Monday, as it hopes more developers will take advantage of features such as its S-Pen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW