A South Korean court on Thursday ruled against Samsung Electronics in a lawsuit that threatened to ban older iPhone and iPad models in the country for alleged patent infringement.
Apple has incurred legal costs of over US$60 million in its court battle against Samsung in California, and the bill is still rising.
Samsung, Philips and electronics retailer Media-Saturn were among the companies raided by European officials this week as part of an investigation into possible anticompetitive agreements about online sales of electronics.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Apple is seeking to bar Samsung Electronics executives with knowledge of leaked confidential information from negotiating any mobile device licenses for the South Korean company for the next two years.
Huawei Technologies remains the world's biggest vendor of cellular networks despite being effectively locked out of the huge U.S. LTE market.
A court in California has ruled against Samsung Electronics' attempt to stay the proceedings in a patent dispute with Apple, agreeing with Apple that the procedure for reexamination of its patent could take years, and there was no certainty the resul...
Samsung Electronics has upgraded its large-screen smartphone, the Galaxy Grand, with a quad-core processor and an even bigger, HD screen.
A Samsung Electronics patent the company has declared essential to the implementation of 3G mobile standards is likely to be invalid, the Regional Court of Mannheim in Germany said Friday.
A jury has ordered Samsung to pay US$290 million to Apple for infringement of several of its patents in multiple Samsung smartphones and tablets.
Apple has contested Samsung Electronics' plea for a stay in the damages retrial currently in a federal court in California, stating that the reexamination proceedings by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office of an important patent in the lawsuit "are ...
Law enforcement officials trying to rein in violent smartphone theft have criticized cellular operators who they say rejected a solution that would help address the problem.
Waiting for a jury verdict at the Apple-Samsung trial is both tedious and tense, so it doesn't take much to bring lawyers and reporters scurrying to the courtroom.
For the past five days, eight jurors, one judge and a handful of reporters in a California courtroom have listened to a couple of dozen lawyers argue over hundreds of millions of dollars that Samsung might owe to Apple for infringing its patents.
Samsung Electronics' worldwide tour to drum up developer interest stopped in London on Monday, as it hopes more developers will take advantage of features such as its S-Pen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD