Samsung Electronics regained the number one position in the smartphone market in the first quarter, but its market share dropped to 24 percent from 31 percent a year earlier, according to a research firm.
Samsung Electronics registered its sixth straight quarterly decline in profits in the first three months of this year as competition bit into its key smartphone and display businesses.
Samsung Electronics wants to make work fun and productive with its wearable devices and virtual-reality headset, and it thinks those devices will become more important in enterprises.
Comcast-Time Warner merger looks to be falling apart...Amazon finally discloses cloud numbers...Microsoft services make up for weak PC market...and more tech news.
South Korean researchers have developed an app that helps people with arm paralysis use smartphones.
If you're tired of touching that touchscreen, try hitting your phone and making some noise.
A plan by Qualcomm to get Samsung Electronics to make its Snapdragon 820 chip could lead to faster smartphones, offering longer battery life by early next year.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is now the benchmark for high-end smartphones running Android, but there are lots of challengers, including the new P8 from Huawei Technologies.
In Vietnam, crossing the road can feel like a life or death experience.
YouTube Kids blasted for ad-heavy content... new battery tech promises one-minute charge times... CurrentC payments coming mid-year... and more tech news.
Samsung Electronics expects first quarter profits to drop by more than 30 percent, marking the sixth straight quarterly decline at the company, which is struggling to compete with Apple at the top of the smartphone market.
Samsung has taken issue with a stress test that showed the Galaxy Edge S6's frame bending and screen cracking under applied pressure, saying a smartphone wouldn't experience such force in normal use.
The U.S. widened its lead in mobile patents last year and IBM took the top spot in new patents granted in that space, according to a report this week that analyzed data from both the U.S. and Europe.
Uber poaches Facebook security chief... Your next PC could take mobile payments... EU investigates Apple's streaming music plans... and more tech news
Streaming movies from mobile devices onto TVs isn't as easy as it seems. Samsung hopes to make that easier with its new line of 4K Smart TVs, which have the brand-new Tizen operating system.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT