Samsung has thrown its hat in the mobile payment ring with a new contactless offering that lets Citibank and American Express credit card customers pay for products and services in-store with their smartphones.
What was once an expensive, high-end Android smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S, is now available from Vodafone from a paltry $29 per month, which could mean the second-generation Galaxy S II is set to make an appearance at the carrier.
We love a good rumour or leak, and this time it's Samsung's plans for its Mobile World Congress (MWC) announcement in Barcelona next month.
Dual-core processors will help power next-generation smartphones
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy Tab will be a "litmus test" for the tablet market, according to analyst firm Ovum.
Samsung has released a teaser video showing off its upcoming tablet device that is set to challenge the Apple iPad.
The second Samsung Android smartphone to reach Australia, the Galaxy S, will launch through Optus on 1 July.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW