Samsung has thrown its hat in the mobile payment ring with a new contactless offering that lets Citibank and American Express credit card customers pay for products and services in-store with their smartphones.
What was once an expensive, high-end Android smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S, is now available from Vodafone from a paltry $29 per month, which could mean the second-generation Galaxy S II is set to make an appearance at the carrier.
We love a good rumour or leak, and this time it's Samsung's plans for its Mobile World Congress (MWC) announcement in Barcelona next month.
Dual-core processors will help power next-generation smartphones
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy Tab will be a "litmus test" for the tablet market, according to analyst firm Ovum.
Samsung has released a teaser video showing off its upcoming tablet device that is set to challenge the Apple iPad.
The second Samsung Android smartphone to reach Australia, the Galaxy S, will launch through Optus on 1 July.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst/TesterVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Java/Oracle) 161102/SSA/624Asia
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW