After Apple's latest dig at PC users, we find out how the new iPad Pro really stacks up against Pro PC tablets.
CIO.com's Al Sacco goes hands-on with Samsung's new Galaxy S7 smartphones and spotlights the most notable new features, along with a few of the GS7 phones' potential shortcomings.
The year 2015 was a tumultuous year for smartphones. Some companies found redemption while others underwhelmed. Finger sensors became the norm, along with pixel-rich screens, extraordinary cameras and premium design. The year was kind to customers i...
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
Many features are missing from Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2. This year’s model has a smaller screen, a lesser resolution and packs fewer pixels into each inch. It can’t be used as a remote control as it has no IR blaster, and night photos are likely to s...
It's not the prettiest watch out there, but Tizen OS offers some neat tricks that Android Wear currently doesn't.
Sony is stepping out from the shadows to take on smartphone heavyweight Samsung. Whereas its Xperia Z5 Premium, announced overnight at the IFA tradeshow, appeases the needs of multimedia users, Samsung's Note5 satisfies the demands of users driven to...
The ACCC has put smartphone makers on notice for boldly advertising products as ‘waterproof’. Manufacturers are in part to blame for hiding relevant information in the fine print, but let’s not burn them at the stake for making smartphones resistant ...
Samsung pioneered the large-screen smartphone with the original Galaxy Note. The idea of phone and tablet hybrid -- known as a phablet -- was far better executed than the device itself. Today the company launched the Note5, and it feels every bit a p...
Should you buy a UHD TV? What about OLED? Which ecosystem do I want to belong to? Will it work with my smart TV? Does size matter? All this and more answered in our comprehensive TV buying guide.
Every smartphone that has passed through our testing labs in 2016 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selection down according...
Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
Sony offloading its smartphone business is bad news for every stakeholder other than its competition. It’s bad for the company, for carriers and for anybody with a smartphone. Here are the top five reasons why.
Virtual Reality is about to go mainstream with a revised iteration of Samsung’s Gear VR designed specifically for its Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
Android’s two leading manufacturers are at it again following the back-to-back unveilings of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 series and the HTC One (M9). Most people will end up buying one or the other smartphone. Here’s how you choose.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- FTTest ManagerNSW