Microsoft, Apple and Samsung among those issuing mea culpas
Samsung has officially announced the Australian launch of its new Galaxy Mega 6.3 smartphone, but the device will not be sold through traditional telco carriers.
Samsung plans to unveil the next generation Galaxy Note AND its new hyped Galaxy Gear smartwatch on 4 September, according to reports.
Solid-state drive adoption will continue to grow and it will be more than 10 years before it is ultimately replaced by a new memory technology, experts said.
Samsung has officially announced the release of the Galaxy S4 Active in Australia, a water and dust resistant Android smartphone.
Facebook and six other tech companies have launched a joint project called Internet.org which aims to connect the two-thirds of the global population that is not currently linked to the Internet.
Samsung and Optus have today announced the pending launch of two new dual-mode 4G smartphones in Australia, the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S4 Mini.
The market share of Apple's iPad fell dramatically in China during the second quarter as a result of competition from Android tablets made by little-known "white box" vendors.
Samsung looks likely expand its successful Galaxy brand of smartphones next month to include a smartwatch known as Galaxy Gear. According to a report from Bloomberg, Samsung will unveil the Android-powered smartwatch on September 4.
LG Electronics and Motorola Mobility are betting on updated user interfaces on smartphones in a bid to differentiate their latest products, but analysts aren't convinced that's enough to break Apple and Samsung's dominance.
London Mayor Boris Johnson has signed on to a smartphone anti-theft initiative recently launched by top law enforcement officials in New York and San Francisco. He is the first official outside of the U.S. to join the effort pushing for major smartph...
Samsung's flagship Galaxy Note "phablet" is about to get another sequel. The company has announced an "Unpacked Episode 2" press event for September 4 in Berlin, just before the annual IFA electronics trade show, where it will likely announce the Gal...
Apple saw a dip in its smartphone market share in China as the company was overtaken by local rival Xiaomi, a seller of low-priced handsets that has been making waves in the country's tech industry.
Samsung Electronics said sales and profits soared in the second quarter from a year ago, but increasing competition in smartphones hurt performance in its core mobile division.
San Francisco's district attorney says he's optimistic that Apple and Samsung are making progress on a system that would render stolen smartphones unusable, but the same isn't true of Microsoft and Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC