Three ostensibly safe Note7 phones have gone up in flames, begging the question, Is it time to ditch the Note7 entirely and wait for Note8?
A U.S. appeals court has reinstated a US$119.6 million award for Apple in a long-running smartphone design patent dispute with rival Samsung.
The company's investigating whether the unit that caused the evacuation of a Southwest jet was indeed a replacement.
Samsung Electronics has agreed to buy Viv Labs, an artificial intelligence startup created the team behind Siri.
Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
There's some debate about whether the number can indeed be that high, and what happened to the other 10% of Note7 users -- if they've already gone to another device or just opted not to do anything at all.
Samsung's new 960 Pro and 960 Evo M.2 SSDs pack capacity and speed into tiny packages.
Sleepless nights, fickle decision making, and other intangibles may have sown the seeds for an unprecedented consumer crisis.
A top Samsung official issued an unusual video apology over Galaxy Note7 battery-related defects linked to fires and assured owners that replacement Note7 units are safe.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission late Thursday issued an official recall for 1 million Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW