Macquarie University has deployed “hundreds” of iPads to meet staff demand for the hyped Apple tablet — just a scant few months after the device launched in Australia in late May this year.
One of the best parts of our job is looking at hundreds of products every year. Many perform well, some are silly, and a select group rises above the pack. Here are the hardware, software, services, sites, and apps that we decided - after much discus...
T-Mobile starts selling Samsung's Galaxy Tab tablet November 10 for $400 after a carrier subsidy. T-Mobile's pricing for the tablet is in line with Sprint's, who will sell the tablet three days later, and $200 cheaper than with Verizon, who will sell...
Call 2010 the year of the smartphone and mobile software. Phones like the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Incredible, and the Apple iPhone 4 -- and the many creative apps we liked this year -- made this the largest category of products in the PCWorld 100.
Remember that disappointing HP tablet with Windows 7 from January everyone thought it was scrapped? Well, it's called the HP Slate and it's out now for a whopping $799. Before you get click-happy on HP's website, though, you might want to have a look...
Microsoft has finally unveiled the Windows Phone 7 platform -- including a diverse selection of ten different Windows Phone 7 smartphones right out of the gate. Despite Microsoft's struggles getting into gear in the mobile game, Windows Phone 7 looks...
Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer officially launched the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system Monday and announced nine new phones and partnerships with wireless carriers. It's a landmark moment for Microsoft that needs to prove its Windows-centric p...
A spate of cool connectivity products have come out with prepaid, no-contract plans, and now Virgin Mobile is one of the first to offer an Android phone with such a plan.
Telstra has launched its Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi modem, which will compete with Vodafone's Pocket WiFi modem and Virgin Mobile's Wi-Fi modem.
LG is once again shifting its tablet strategy -- announcing that it is pulling the plug on its Android 2.2 tablet plans to hold out for Android 3.0. Unlike current releases of the Android OS, the upcoming Android 3.0 is designed with tablets in mind....
Nokia will soon be the only manufacturer using the Symbian mobile operating system, as Samsung is the latest to announce it will stop making phones that run Symbian. The news comes shortly after Sony Ericsson said it will also stop making Symbian dev...
The future is now with Samsug's Galaxy Tab and the Home Watcher remote, if a Samsung demo that made its way onto YouTube is anything to go by.
Dell showed off a prototype of a 7-inch Android tablet this week at the Oracle Open World conference in San Francisco. While being more tablet-sized than Dell's initial anemic attempt at joining the tablet fray, this new venture still faces some chal...
Korean electronics giant Samsung announced tonight that its hyped iPad rival -- the Galaxy Tab -- will be available to Australians in November this year through all the major mobile carriers.
Are consumers ready to dig deep into their wallets for Samsung's Galaxy Tab as the economy struggles and more affordable tablets, namely Apple's iPad, exist? According to Amazon's U.K. site, after currency conversion, the Tab will cost $US1067 unlock...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT