Nvidia and Samsung have avoided a potentially ugly court battle with a settlement that ends all outstanding intellectual property litigation between the two companies.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
Many alternative mobile operating systems like Firefox have fallen by the wayside while Android and iOS continue to dominate, but Samsung's Tizen has survived.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
Samsung’s Gear 360 camera will go on sale online on Friday, the company announced at its developer conference in San Francisco.
Microsoft's Azure has a rival in Samsung's new Artik Cloud service.
Samsung's more than a smartphone company, with many cool devices developed in the company's labs.
It seems no flagship phone line is complete without some type of pink option.
IoT startup Evrythng is teaming up with packaging company Avery Dennison to give apparel and footwear products unique identities in Evrythng’s software right when they’re manufactured.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
Get close and personal with the web, but expect some bugs as the WebVR standard isn't quite yet finished.
To stand out from the already water-resistant S7 and S7 Edge, the ruggedized phone will need better performance in battery life and overall shock resistance.
Samsung's Smart Windshield concept brings a virtual dashboard to your bike powered by a smartphone.
The issue is whether the lab tested the phones according to what Samsung actually promised, which is 1 meter and not the five feet of water used in the test.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW