LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
The Apple-Samsung jury returned to court Monday to fix an error in its verdict form, but in doing so it declined to award Apple any additional damages.
Apple was dealt a blow in its second major patent-infringement lawsuit against Samsung when a Silicon Valley jury awarded the iPhone maker damages of just US$119.65 million for Samsung's infringement of several of its smartphone patents.
Samsung Electronics has sent out invitations to a May 28 event in San Francisco, at which the company is expected to expand its health-related offerings
The next innovation in health care may come from Silicon Valley.
The jury deciding the US$2.2 billion patent-infringement lawsuit between Apple and Samsung began its first full day of deliberations trying to tackle the question of what Steve Jobs said when he decided to sue Samsung and whether he also wanted to go...
Samsung is deploying Knox, its secure platform for mobile devices, to earn the trust of the IT departments that run BYOD programs.
Samsung Electronics has begun mass producing a more affordable SSD, seeking to help drive the technology deeper into the corporate data center.
As the second jury trial between Apple and Samsung approaches its conclusion, the companies are sparring over the precise questions the jury will be asked to consider.
Google agreed to take over some of Samsung's defense against patent claims brought by Apple under a secret agreement reached in 2012, a federal court jury heard Tuesday.
After three weeks of defending itself against patent infringement claims, Samsung switched gears Monday and began presenting its argument that Apple is the one that infringes others' intellectual property.
The price of Samsung's latest 28-inch 4K monitor has dropped by $100 to just under US$600, which could be a precursor to 4K monitor prices further plummeting as the technology goes mainstream.
Jurors in the Apple v. Samsung case have heard a lot of big numbers in the past few weeks.
A fire at a Samsung facility in South Korea on Sunday resulted in a temporary outage that shut down its website and caused the company's Smart TV products to report error messages.
Samsung is partnering with chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries to increase the supply of low-power, high-speed chips for smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Box revises platform pricing to ease developer adoption
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- IBM applies AI to factory QA
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator / Talent Acquisitio ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW