LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
The Apple-Samsung jury returned to court Monday to fix an error in its verdict form, but in doing so it declined to award Apple any additional damages.
Apple was dealt a blow in its second major patent-infringement lawsuit against Samsung when a Silicon Valley jury awarded the iPhone maker damages of just US$119.65 million for Samsung's infringement of several of its smartphone patents.
Samsung Electronics has sent out invitations to a May 28 event in San Francisco, at which the company is expected to expand its health-related offerings
The next innovation in health care may come from Silicon Valley.
The jury deciding the US$2.2 billion patent-infringement lawsuit between Apple and Samsung began its first full day of deliberations trying to tackle the question of what Steve Jobs said when he decided to sue Samsung and whether he also wanted to go...
Samsung is deploying Knox, its secure platform for mobile devices, to earn the trust of the IT departments that run BYOD programs.
Samsung Electronics has begun mass producing a more affordable SSD, seeking to help drive the technology deeper into the corporate data center.
As the second jury trial between Apple and Samsung approaches its conclusion, the companies are sparring over the precise questions the jury will be asked to consider.
Google agreed to take over some of Samsung's defense against patent claims brought by Apple under a secret agreement reached in 2012, a federal court jury heard Tuesday.
After three weeks of defending itself against patent infringement claims, Samsung switched gears Monday and began presenting its argument that Apple is the one that infringes others' intellectual property.
The price of Samsung's latest 28-inch 4K monitor has dropped by $100 to just under US$600, which could be a precursor to 4K monitor prices further plummeting as the technology goes mainstream.
Jurors in the Apple v. Samsung case have heard a lot of big numbers in the past few weeks.
A fire at a Samsung facility in South Korea on Sunday resulted in a temporary outage that shut down its website and caused the company's Smart TV products to report error messages.
Samsung is partnering with chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries to increase the supply of low-power, high-speed chips for smartphones and tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW