Users of the new Kindle for Samsung app will get up to 12 e-books for free a year, as Samsung Electronics joins forces with Amazon.com to boost the content on its mobile devices.
It took just four days for German researchers to trick the Samsung Galaxy S5's fingerprint scanner into accepting a mold of a fingerprint instead of a real finger.
Samsung's lawyers tried to put a human face on Google's Android development efforts as they opened their defense Friday against Apple's patent infringement claims and its demand for US$2.2 billion in damages.
Apple outlined for the first time on Friday how it came up with the US$2.2 billion in damages that it wants a California jury to award it for Samsung's alleged "massive infringement" of five Apple patents.
There's a new sign on the door to Courtroom 5 at the federal courthouse in San Jose, the home to the Apple v. Samsung battle that's playing out this month: "Please turn off all cell phones."
Apple began to lay out its $US2.2 billion damages claim against Samsung Electronics for the first time on Tuesday, arguing to an eight-person jury in California that Samsung's alleged patent infringement was large and significantly damaged Apple.
A startup has developed processors it claims could let wearable devices run for up to a month without a battery charge.
Samsung Electronics on Tuesday warned that it would post a drop in operating profit during the first quarter of 2014.
The eight-person jury hearing Apple's patent infringement case against Samsung was thrown into the deep end Monday and subjected to some heady talk of subroutines and class libraries.
Apple and Samsung were back in San Jose federal court last week arguing over more patents and another set of devices. Apple is demanding more than $US2 billion in damages, in the second case between the companies in California.
Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller took a California courtroom on a trip back to 2007 on Tuesday afternoon, recalling how Apple "bet the company" on development of the iPhone
Lawyers for Apple and Samsung spent most of Monday selecting a 10-person jury for their latest patent infringement trial, and they're now set to make their opening arguments Tuesday morning.
Samsung has followed up its many ultra-high-definition TVs with a 4K monitor that may help bring down the average cost of super-high-resolution displays for bleary-eyed computer users.
U.S. District Judge Lucy H. Koh on Sunday overruled Samsung Electronics' objections to showing jurors a recent instructional video on how patents work, ahead of a trial in a patent dispute between Apple and Samsung.
The never-ending legal battle between Apple and Samsung enters a new phase Monday when lawyers begin selecting a jury for a new trial that will address new complaints against a different set of phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW