Users of the new Kindle for Samsung app will get up to 12 e-books for free a year, as Samsung Electronics joins forces with Amazon.com to boost the content on its mobile devices.
It took just four days for German researchers to trick the Samsung Galaxy S5's fingerprint scanner into accepting a mold of a fingerprint instead of a real finger.
Samsung's lawyers tried to put a human face on Google's Android development efforts as they opened their defense Friday against Apple's patent infringement claims and its demand for US$2.2 billion in damages.
Apple outlined for the first time on Friday how it came up with the US$2.2 billion in damages that it wants a California jury to award it for Samsung's alleged "massive infringement" of five Apple patents.
There's a new sign on the door to Courtroom 5 at the federal courthouse in San Jose, the home to the Apple v. Samsung battle that's playing out this month: "Please turn off all cell phones."
Apple began to lay out its $US2.2 billion damages claim against Samsung Electronics for the first time on Tuesday, arguing to an eight-person jury in California that Samsung's alleged patent infringement was large and significantly damaged Apple.
A startup has developed processors it claims could let wearable devices run for up to a month without a battery charge.
Samsung Electronics on Tuesday warned that it would post a drop in operating profit during the first quarter of 2014.
The eight-person jury hearing Apple's patent infringement case against Samsung was thrown into the deep end Monday and subjected to some heady talk of subroutines and class libraries.
Apple and Samsung were back in San Jose federal court last week arguing over more patents and another set of devices. Apple is demanding more than $US2 billion in damages, in the second case between the companies in California.
Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller took a California courtroom on a trip back to 2007 on Tuesday afternoon, recalling how Apple "bet the company" on development of the iPhone
Lawyers for Apple and Samsung spent most of Monday selecting a 10-person jury for their latest patent infringement trial, and they're now set to make their opening arguments Tuesday morning.
Samsung has followed up its many ultra-high-definition TVs with a 4K monitor that may help bring down the average cost of super-high-resolution displays for bleary-eyed computer users.
U.S. District Judge Lucy H. Koh on Sunday overruled Samsung Electronics' objections to showing jurors a recent instructional video on how patents work, ahead of a trial in a patent dispute between Apple and Samsung.
The never-ending legal battle between Apple and Samsung enters a new phase Monday when lawyers begin selecting a jury for a new trial that will address new complaints against a different set of phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox changed passwords after 68M accounts were compromised
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW