Users of the new Kindle for Samsung app will get up to 12 e-books for free a year, as Samsung Electronics joins forces with Amazon.com to boost the content on its mobile devices.
It took just four days for German researchers to trick the Samsung Galaxy S5's fingerprint scanner into accepting a mold of a fingerprint instead of a real finger.
Samsung's lawyers tried to put a human face on Google's Android development efforts as they opened their defense Friday against Apple's patent infringement claims and its demand for US$2.2 billion in damages.
Apple outlined for the first time on Friday how it came up with the US$2.2 billion in damages that it wants a California jury to award it for Samsung's alleged "massive infringement" of five Apple patents.
There's a new sign on the door to Courtroom 5 at the federal courthouse in San Jose, the home to the Apple v. Samsung battle that's playing out this month: "Please turn off all cell phones."
Apple began to lay out its $US2.2 billion damages claim against Samsung Electronics for the first time on Tuesday, arguing to an eight-person jury in California that Samsung's alleged patent infringement was large and significantly damaged Apple.
A startup has developed processors it claims could let wearable devices run for up to a month without a battery charge.
Samsung Electronics on Tuesday warned that it would post a drop in operating profit during the first quarter of 2014.
The eight-person jury hearing Apple's patent infringement case against Samsung was thrown into the deep end Monday and subjected to some heady talk of subroutines and class libraries.
Apple and Samsung were back in San Jose federal court last week arguing over more patents and another set of devices. Apple is demanding more than $US2 billion in damages, in the second case between the companies in California.
Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller took a California courtroom on a trip back to 2007 on Tuesday afternoon, recalling how Apple "bet the company" on development of the iPhone
Lawyers for Apple and Samsung spent most of Monday selecting a 10-person jury for their latest patent infringement trial, and they're now set to make their opening arguments Tuesday morning.
Samsung has followed up its many ultra-high-definition TVs with a 4K monitor that may help bring down the average cost of super-high-resolution displays for bleary-eyed computer users.
U.S. District Judge Lucy H. Koh on Sunday overruled Samsung Electronics' objections to showing jurors a recent instructional video on how patents work, ahead of a trial in a patent dispute between Apple and Samsung.
The never-ending legal battle between Apple and Samsung enters a new phase Monday when lawyers begin selecting a jury for a new trial that will address new complaints against a different set of phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW