Facebook prevails in IPO lawsuit... Jeep hack prompts recall of 1.4 million vehicles... Kill switch isn't killing phone theft... and more tech news
Samsung Electronics thinks it can help unclutter your home with a monitor that can wirelessly charge smartphones and other mobile devices.
Samsung rolls out thin, light Galaxy Tab S2... drones do good, evil... hacked data from site for cheaters splashed online... and more tech news.
Samsung Electronics' newest Android tablets might as well be called "the Galaxy Air" series. They are the company's thinnest and lightest yet, and could offer an attractive alternative to Apple's iPad Air 2.
Google results show slowing growth... embedded SIM cards on the way... Reddit's new rules lack muscle... and more tech news.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Facebook lets you organize your news feed... OPM leaked personal data on 21.5 million people... OpenSSL bug less serious than feared... and more tech news
Samsung Electronics expects to report lower than expected earnings for the second quarter after supply shortages kept down sales of its Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Too many Android phones are running old software with security flaws, according to Dutch consumer association Consumentenbond, which wants manufacturers to update their phones' software more often, and for longer.
If you're planning to buy a new smartphone this year, but haven't bought one yet it might be better to wait a bit longer: Apple, Samsung Electronics and OnePlus are all expected to launch new models in the next couple of months.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
The growing popularity of contactless payments and wearables are coming together on products such as the Apple Watch and the £24.99 ($US40) bPay wristband from British company Barclaycard.
Google favoring own services may harm consumers... Tech industry hails same-sex marriage ruling... Disney bans selfie sticks... and more tech news
Owners of Samsung PCs will begin receiving automatic software updates from Microsoft again soon, after Samsung said it will end its practice of blocking automatic Windows Updates on its computers.
If operators are to build 5G mobile networks with download speeds at 10Gbps and above, they are going to need a lot more spectrum -- but getting it won't be easy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Java/Oracle) 161102/SSA/624Asia
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCProject SchedulerACT