Chipmaker Broadcom wants to increase the number of devices that can accept mobile payments with a new microcontroller for PCs and IoT products.
SmartThings, the home automation company Samsung Electronics acquired last August, has delayed the launch of its new home hub and sensors to the third quarter, as it works to improve performance and stability.
Former agents charged with stealing Silk Road bitcoins... Intel wants to quadruple SSD space... smartwatches forecast to boom in 2015... and more tech news.
European Union antitrust investigators have raided the offices of a number of companies involved in the online sale of consumer electronics products, officials said Wednesday.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
Samsung Electronics has developed flash memory storage that could help bring 128GB capacity to smartphones and tablets in the middle and low end of the price spectrum.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
Few technology products can be as annoying as printers, but Samsung Electronics is hoping to change that by convincing developers to create applications for its multifunction printers.
HTC and Samsung Electronics impressed Mobile World Congress attendees with new high-end smartphones, but they won't be the only game in town for long: LG Electronics and Huawei Technologies are readying competing products expected to be announced nex...
Samsung is bringing its free Milk Music streaming radio service to more users via the Web as promised in January.
Four smartphone OSes that hope to find room next to Android and iOS were on display at Mobile World Congress, but the most exciting were Ubuntu Phone and Sailfish OS.
Some smartphone manufacturers are not configuring devices running the latest version of Android to automatically encrypt personal data, which Google had said would scramble data by default.
If you're on the lookout for a new Android high-end smartphone, the One M9 from HTC and Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S6 are two hot possibilities.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are two great smartphones, with more power and better screens. But when users get their hands on them starting April 10, they'll find that the vendor got some things right, and some things wrong.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA