SanDisk plans to upgrade this year a flash memory plant that it operates with Toshiba in Japan, it said Friday.
SanDisk Corp. today announced the general availability of two new solid state disk (SSD) drives for netbooks that it said increase random read/write rates by as much as nine times over its first generation netbook SSDs.
SanDisk Tuesday announced that it will begin mass production of the first high-performance X3 and X4 flash memory, using 32- and 43-nanometer lithography process technology, respectively. The denser flash technology will enable up to 64Gbit of memory...
Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
SanDisk and LG Electronics on Wednesday demonstrated a specialized MicroSD card that mobile operators could load with content and bundle with a handset, then keep the subscriber from using in any other device or on another carrier's network.
SanDisk unveiled its next-generation solid-state drives (SSDs) at the International CES. One series is aimed at the hot netbook market and the other at laptops. The company's new higher-performance SSD for laptops are priced at less than US$250 for a...
SanDisk on Wednesday announced a new flash memory management system called ExtremeFFS that it says will dramatically improve two of the main weaknesses today in the emerging technology of solid-state drives (SSDs).
Samsung Electronics has withdrawn its offer to acquire rival flash memory-maker SanDisk citing a lack of progress after six months of discussions between the two companies.
When Samsung Electronics offered to buy SanDisk for US$5.85 billion early last week, some people in the industry hoped news of the possible takeover might stem a long running decline in NAND flash memory chip prices.
Record companies are scrambling to find new ways to distribute music in the face of declining music sales. The latest is slotMusic, a microSD card containing music in MP3 format without DRM (digital rights management), playable on pocket devices such...
SanDisk has rejected an unsolicited takeover bid from hardware maker Samsung Electronics, saying that it undervalues the maker of flash storage cards.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTProject Finance Analyst (Contract)NSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW