SanDisk Tuesday announced that it will begin mass production of the first high-performance X3 and X4 flash memory, using 32- and 43-nanometer lithography process technology, respectively. The denser flash technology will enable up to 64Gbit of memory...
Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
SanDisk and LG Electronics on Wednesday demonstrated a specialized MicroSD card that mobile operators could load with content and bundle with a handset, then keep the subscriber from using in any other device or on another carrier's network.
SanDisk unveiled its next-generation solid-state drives (SSDs) at the International CES. One series is aimed at the hot netbook market and the other at laptops. The company's new higher-performance SSD for laptops are priced at less than US$250 for a...
SanDisk on Wednesday announced a new flash memory management system called ExtremeFFS that it says will dramatically improve two of the main weaknesses today in the emerging technology of solid-state drives (SSDs).
Samsung Electronics has withdrawn its offer to acquire rival flash memory-maker SanDisk citing a lack of progress after six months of discussions between the two companies.
When Samsung Electronics offered to buy SanDisk for US$5.85 billion early last week, some people in the industry hoped news of the possible takeover might stem a long running decline in NAND flash memory chip prices.
Record companies are scrambling to find new ways to distribute music in the face of declining music sales. The latest is slotMusic, a microSD card containing music in MP3 format without DRM (digital rights management), playable on pocket devices such...
SanDisk has rejected an unsolicited takeover bid from hardware maker Samsung Electronics, saying that it undervalues the maker of flash storage cards.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
- Iran orders messaging apps to store data of local users in the country
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT