SanDisk Corp. today announced the general availability of two new solid state disk (SSD) drives for netbooks that it said increase random read/write rates by as much as nine times over its first generation netbook SSDs.
SanDisk Tuesday announced that it will begin mass production of the first high-performance X3 and X4 flash memory, using 32- and 43-nanometer lithography process technology, respectively. The denser flash technology will enable up to 64Gbit of memory...
Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
SanDisk and LG Electronics on Wednesday demonstrated a specialized MicroSD card that mobile operators could load with content and bundle with a handset, then keep the subscriber from using in any other device or on another carrier's network.
SanDisk unveiled its next-generation solid-state drives (SSDs) at the International CES. One series is aimed at the hot netbook market and the other at laptops. The company's new higher-performance SSD for laptops are priced at less than US$250 for a...
SanDisk on Wednesday announced a new flash memory management system called ExtremeFFS that it says will dramatically improve two of the main weaknesses today in the emerging technology of solid-state drives (SSDs).
Samsung Electronics has withdrawn its offer to acquire rival flash memory-maker SanDisk citing a lack of progress after six months of discussions between the two companies.
When Samsung Electronics offered to buy SanDisk for US$5.85 billion early last week, some people in the industry hoped news of the possible takeover might stem a long running decline in NAND flash memory chip prices.
Record companies are scrambling to find new ways to distribute music in the face of declining music sales. The latest is slotMusic, a microSD card containing music in MP3 format without DRM (digital rights management), playable on pocket devices such...
SanDisk has rejected an unsolicited takeover bid from hardware maker Samsung Electronics, saying that it undervalues the maker of flash storage cards.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCWCAG 2.0 Accessibility TesterNSW