Panasonic and its subsidiary Sanyo have agreed to plead guilty to price fixing conspiracies involving laptop battery cells and automotive parts. They will pay a total of $56.5 million in criminal fines, the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
Sanyo today launched a projector with a Native 2K (2048x1080) resolution. The Sanyo PLC-HF15000L projector is designed for large venues, with a quoted light output of 15,000 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
June is always a busy month for new gadgets. The E3 video games show, Taiwan's Computex IT show and Singapore's CommunicAsia all provide a launching pad for new products.
Sanyo Electric has unveiled a short-throw laser projector that can display a 100-inch high-definition image that's brighter and has more vivid colors than anything else on the market, it said this week.
Japan's largest consumer electronics company, Panasonic, plans to launch a tender offer for shares of Sanyo Electric with the hope of acquiring a majority stake in its smaller rival, the company said.
Panasonic will begin negotiating with Sanyo Electric's top-three shareholders as early as November with the aim of acquiring a majority stake in the electronics maker, The Nikkei business daily reported in its Saturday morning edition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia