SAP and Rent-a-Center are locked in a legal battle over whether the rent-to-own chain owes the vendor about US$9 million in fees for excess use of its Business Objects analytics software.
SAP has seen software sales rebound steadily after a dip during the global recession, and is hoping to supercharge its business with forays into in-memory computing, SaaS (software as a service) and mobile applications, a business it entered with las...
SAP is planning to connect its analytics software with Google's Maps and Earth software, allowing users to mine insights from plotting business data against locations around the world, the companies announced Wednesday.
SAP's second-quarter revenues grew 14 percent, driven by strong software sales in all regions, the company reported Tuesday.
SAP expects its full-year operating profits will be near the top of a previously announced range, based on strong software sales in the second quarter and "improved visibility" into the remainder of the fiscal year, the vendor said Tuesday.
Thousands of SAP partners who sell the Business All-in-One ERP (enterprise resource planning) suite and Business Objects analytics software can now also offer customers Sybase mobile technology and applications, SAP announced this week.
A growing number of ERP (enterprise resource planning) software customers are considering a jump to third-party software support providers, according to new data from analyst firm Constellation Research.
Problems with an SAP software implementation led by IBM consultants have resulted in six months of erroneous paychecks for nurses in Nova Scotia, although now officials say the issues have been resolved.
The judge overseeing Oracle's corporate-theft lawsuit against SAP will now consider SAP's request for a retrial, after the companies said they are unlikely to reach a mediated settlement in their dispute.
Lawyers for Oracle and SAP are due in court Wednesday to argue post-trial motions in their TomorrowNow lawsuit, with SAP seeking a new trial and a reduction of the US$1.3 billion jury award it was ordered to pay.
The U.S. Army's massive SAP software project is "at high risk" of running further over time and budget, according to a recent report by the Department of Defense's Inspector General's Office.
SAP announced Thursday that its supervisory board has extended the contracts of co-CEOs Jim Hagemann Snabe and Bill McDermott until June 30, 2017, in a move that could give customers confidence that the company remains committed long-term to its stra...
SAP's Sybase division announced the latest version of its IQ columnar database on Thursday, a release focused on providing enough scalability to allow many thousands and types of users within a company to access the system.
Deloitte Consulting is fighting an attempt by Marin County, California, to bring allegations over a failed ERP (enterprise resource planning) software project before a jury, calling it a tactical ploy to gain publicity and avoid a skeptical judge.
SAP's Business One suite for small businesses will now be available in a new subscription-based, hosted offering through SAP partners, the company announced Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC