SAP is preparing to release a major revamp of its software for EPM (enterprise performance management), a subset of BI (business intelligence) that focuses on areas such as budgeting, planning and compliance, the company announced Monday in conjuncti...
SAP and Dell are expanding their relationship in the areas of cloud computing and in-memory databases, the companies will announce on Monday during the Sapphire conference in Orlando.
IBM is attempting to lure Oracle database and middleware customers to "move up" to its own software with a new series of enticements, the company announced Friday.
While SAP has spent the past year spinning a vision for on-premises, on-demand and on-device computing, its upcoming Sapphire conference is an opportunity for the vendor to lay out some important specifics on these plans for the thousands expected to...
Global spending on enterprise software grew 8.5 percent in 2010 to US$245 billion following a 2.5 percent drop-off in 2009, suggesting the industry is shaking off the effects of the economic downturn and starting more new projects, according to figur...
ERP (enterprise resource planning) software investments aren't on this year's agenda for three-quarters of IT decision-makers who responded to a recent Forrester Research study, indicating that the global economic downturn's effects are still lingeri...
SAP is attempting to give its StreamWork problem-solving software a more central role within customers' IT environments by linking the applications to its core ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications, the vendor announced Wednesday.
Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
SAP is hoping to make customers' ERP (enterprise resource planning) projects more successful with a tool that can visualize the application's ultimate look and feel without having to write code, the company said Monday.
Oracle will have to wait a bit longer to get its hands on the US$1.3 billion awarded to it last year by a jury in its corporate theft lawsuit against SAP.
Though there were some concerns about tech company earnings this week as Microsoft, SAP and other bellwethers reported results, the IT sector has helped drive markets to a solid start for the second quarter.
Problems with an SAP software implementation in Australia dragged down technology distributor Ingram Micro's first-quarter profits, the company said this week.
SAP saw revenue rise by 21 percent in the quarter ended March 31, with double-digit growth in all regions driven by increased software business from partners and the channel.
Oracle has subpoenaed scores of Rimini Street customers in connection with its intellectual property suit against the third-party software maintenance provider, but at least one has no interest in complying with its demands.
SAP executive John Wookey, who was charged with developing a SaaS (software as a service) strategy for large enterprises, is leaving the vendor after about two-and-a-half years, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW