SAP will cut over 2,200 jobs this year in activities where it sees no future, but plans to create others around cloud services and its HANA in-memory database offering, where it sees more potential.
Hard on the heels of the recent announcement of its next-generation S/4Hana enterprise software platform, SAP has unveiled a new sSoftware-as-a-Service application aimed at finance professionals but delivering a consumer-like experience.
ARM's fastest mobile chip ever comes out of the gate ... SAP puts entire enterprise suite on Hana ... Hack cost Sony $15 million through December, but $35 million for fiscal year ... and more news.
SAP has unveiled a new generation of enterprise software built around its Hana in-memory database platform.
A new SAP rapid-deployment service aims to help enterprises tap its Hana in-memory database and computing platform for business-intelligence initiatives involving Big Data.
State of the Union address will be heavy on tech ... Will IBM's earnings disappoint, again? ... Twitter picks up ZipDial's call ... and more
Two of Concur's three co-founders are leaving the travel and expense software company just a few weeks after SAP closed its acquisition of the vendor.
Small and medium-sized businesses looking to grow need to leverage big data, cloud computing and mobility, and SAP says that its Hana platform can help them on those fronts.
SAP and Oracle have settled a long-standing copyright-infringement lawsuit, with the German company agreeing to pay about US$359 million in damages and interest to Oracle instead of the $1.3 billion awarded in 2010.
The search for game-changing technology capable of fueling growth in an uncertain economy is driving global tech mergers and acquisitions to a level not seen since the dotcom era.
With a trio of products for maintenance, logistics and manufacturing, SAP is hoping to convince enterprises that it provides the best option for making the most of connected sensors.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
SAP is hoping a new set of programs, services and policies will help rev up sales of its Hana in-memory database and computing platform.
SAP's Hana Enterprise Cloud service will be made available through IBM's global Cloud infrastructure, in a move that expands options for customers around the world who are considering moving their business applications off-premises to the Cloud.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD