SAP will cut over 2,200 jobs this year in activities where it sees no future, but plans to create others around cloud services and its HANA in-memory database offering, where it sees more potential.
Hard on the heels of the recent announcement of its next-generation S/4Hana enterprise software platform, SAP has unveiled a new sSoftware-as-a-Service application aimed at finance professionals but delivering a consumer-like experience.
ARM's fastest mobile chip ever comes out of the gate ... SAP puts entire enterprise suite on Hana ... Hack cost Sony $15 million through December, but $35 million for fiscal year ... and more news.
SAP has unveiled a new generation of enterprise software built around its Hana in-memory database platform.
A new SAP rapid-deployment service aims to help enterprises tap its Hana in-memory database and computing platform for business-intelligence initiatives involving Big Data.
State of the Union address will be heavy on tech ... Will IBM's earnings disappoint, again? ... Twitter picks up ZipDial's call ... and more
Two of Concur's three co-founders are leaving the travel and expense software company just a few weeks after SAP closed its acquisition of the vendor.
Small and medium-sized businesses looking to grow need to leverage big data, cloud computing and mobility, and SAP says that its Hana platform can help them on those fronts.
SAP and Oracle have settled a long-standing copyright-infringement lawsuit, with the German company agreeing to pay about US$359 million in damages and interest to Oracle instead of the $1.3 billion awarded in 2010.
The search for game-changing technology capable of fueling growth in an uncertain economy is driving global tech mergers and acquisitions to a level not seen since the dotcom era.
With a trio of products for maintenance, logistics and manufacturing, SAP is hoping to convince enterprises that it provides the best option for making the most of connected sensors.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
SAP is hoping a new set of programs, services and policies will help rev up sales of its Hana in-memory database and computing platform.
SAP's Hana Enterprise Cloud service will be made available through IBM's global Cloud infrastructure, in a move that expands options for customers around the world who are considering moving their business applications off-premises to the Cloud.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- You won't find a steering wheel or a driver on this autonomous shuttle
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- TPNode JS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Applications DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTSenior Marketing Analyst | Immediate startVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW