A federal judge has dismissed a defamation claim against Oracle by third-party support vendor Rimini Street, saying Oracle was telling the truth when it accused the company of "massive theft" of its software.
SAP has relaxed hardware requirements for using its Hana in-memory database platform for development and testing, in a move that could make existing Hana customers' operations easier and less expensive while also generating more Hana sales.
Despite years of hype, some SAP customers remain puzzled over how the vendor's Hana in-memory computing platform can fit into their IT strategies, a newly released survey from the Americas' SAP Users' Group has found.
SAP is struggling to convince some customers that a pricier support service it introduced several years ago provides additional value compared to the standard support option.
SAP will resell software from Apigee in a move to help customers and partners build mobile applications, products and services that securely tap data from SAP systems.
Rimini Street is continuing to rapidly grow revenue for its third-party software support business despite its ongoing litigation with Oracle.
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
With Google, IBM, SAP, Intel and other tech titans reporting earnings this week, the focus is again on mobile and cloud technology. The general trend appears to be that the further a tech vendor has moved away from its legacy desktop-oriented product...
SAP CEO Bill McDermott is going on two months as the first American to hold the company's top job, and has been quick to make his mark with a pledge to simplify the company's software, operations and interactions with customers.
SAP reported strong growth in Cloud revenue in the second quarter, while its software revenue continued to fall, reflecting a shift in the market from on-premises software and services to applications delivered through the cloud on a subscription mod...
SAP has withdrawn its appeal in a dispute over the resale of used SAP software in Germany, according to a filing with the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg.
SAP is set to announce its preliminary second-quarter results on Thursday and apart from a look into its finances, the occasion also presents a chance for media and analysts to probe SAP's top executives for clues to the company's future plans and st...
News about how tech sales are doing has been mixed, ahead of a flood of earnings reports from vendors.
Google, Dropbox and a few other high-tech firms have come up with a new way to help defend themselves against patent trolls.
Hoping to win new business and build loyalty among existing customers, business intelligence software vendor MicroStrategy has broadly revamped its pricing and packaging structure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC