Apple chalks up another record quarter...LG's new flagship phone coming Tuesday...Facebook Messenger gets free video calling...and more tech news.
All the hype around big data last year didn't drive big growth in the worldwide BI (business-intelligence) and analytics market, according to research firm Gartner.
SAP is expanding its arsenal of data-analysis software with the acquisition of predictive analytics vendor KXEN, announced Tuesday.
Sixteen of the top 25 companies offering a good work-life balance are technology companies, according to a new ranking from the job site Glassdoor, with the SAS Institute and National Instruments leading the pack.
The BI (business intelligence) software market cooled off a bit in 2012 after "a few historic banner years" of spending growth, due to difficult economic conditions and even confusion over industry buzzwords such as "big data," according to a report ...
By now, it's become a tired old tech industry bromide: CIOs need to be business-savvy.
Enterprise software vendors have been rushing to build or buy "sentiment analysis" technologies that can analyze the tone of what people are saying about companies and brands on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
IBM's Netezza division is rolling out a new analytic appliance that can analyze up to 10 petabytes of data "in a matter of minutes," the company is expected to announce Wednesday during the Enzee Universe conference in Boston.
Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
Two high-profile murders of college students in North Carolina during 2008 have led to the creation of CJLEADS (Criminal Justice Law Enforcement Automated Data Services), an analytics project that aggregates a slew of disparate data stores and is des...
Jive Software is buying data-mining startup Proximal Labs in a move that will help it derive deeper insights into social-networking data, the companies announced Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed.
SAS Institute is teaming up with mobile BI (business intelligence) vendor Mellmo to bring analytic applications to Apple's iPhone and iPad, the companies announced Tuesday.
Collaboration is all the rage among corporate executives these days, which means IT is kept busy providing systems, tools and procedures that turn the vague concept into a real business benefit.
SAS Institute is joining the newly hot area of in-memory processing, developing a series of high-performance analytics systems tuned for specialized tasks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- This Wi-Fi alternative rides on LTE rails
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD