Sky Muster II — the second satellite for the National Broadband Network —was successfully launched at 7.30am AEDT from the French Guiana Space Centre.
Over a million Australian homes and businesses are now connected to the national broadband network (nbn) with Telstra responsible for the majority of the connections according to the Australian Competition Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Inmarsat wants more applications that take advantage of its new high-speed satellites, and has pledged to make it easier for any developer to create them.
Apple is at last offering a simple way for former iPhone users to receive text messages sent into limbo by the company's iMessage service.
AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Planet Labs, a satellite imaging startup formed by ex-NASA engineers, has applied for permission to more than double the number of satellites it has in orbit.
A Space X Falcon rocket lifted off Friday afternoon for the International Space Station (ISS) from the Cape Canaveral Air Station in Florida.
Users of satellite navigation systems around the world were experiencing problems this week after Russia's Glonass satellite positioning system was hit by a major disruption.
There will soon be nowhere to hide from Facebook selfies, Justin Bieber news and emails from your boss.
Globalstar is hoping to open up the satellite telephony market to a wider audience with the introduction of its first pre-paid service.
The Space X Falcon 9 rocket appears to have passed an important step, with the launch of a telecommunications satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
The long saga of satellite operator LightSquared's quest to become a cellular carrier may come to an end soon with an auction for the company's assets scheduled for late November.
Researchers in the U.S. have managed to spoof GPS (Global Positioning System) signals to send a yacht hundreds of meters off course, while fooling the crew into thinking the yacht was remaining perfectly on course.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
O3b Networks, a company backed by Google and other investors, has launched its first satellites that aim to provide low-cost and high-speed connectivity to parts of the world that do not have fiber infrastructure.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProject Manager, FinanceNSW
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW