Sky Muster II — the second satellite for the National Broadband Network —was successfully launched at 7.30am AEDT from the French Guiana Space Centre.
Over a million Australian homes and businesses are now connected to the national broadband network (nbn) with Telstra responsible for the majority of the connections according to the Australian Competition Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Inmarsat wants more applications that take advantage of its new high-speed satellites, and has pledged to make it easier for any developer to create them.
Apple is at last offering a simple way for former iPhone users to receive text messages sent into limbo by the company's iMessage service.
AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Planet Labs, a satellite imaging startup formed by ex-NASA engineers, has applied for permission to more than double the number of satellites it has in orbit.
A Space X Falcon rocket lifted off Friday afternoon for the International Space Station (ISS) from the Cape Canaveral Air Station in Florida.
Users of satellite navigation systems around the world were experiencing problems this week after Russia's Glonass satellite positioning system was hit by a major disruption.
There will soon be nowhere to hide from Facebook selfies, Justin Bieber news and emails from your boss.
Globalstar is hoping to open up the satellite telephony market to a wider audience with the introduction of its first pre-paid service.
The Space X Falcon 9 rocket appears to have passed an important step, with the launch of a telecommunications satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
The long saga of satellite operator LightSquared's quest to become a cellular carrier may come to an end soon with an auction for the company's assets scheduled for late November.
Researchers in the U.S. have managed to spoof GPS (Global Positioning System) signals to send a yacht hundreds of meters off course, while fooling the crew into thinking the yacht was remaining perfectly on course.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
O3b Networks, a company backed by Google and other investors, has launched its first satellites that aim to provide low-cost and high-speed connectivity to parts of the world that do not have fiber infrastructure.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA