Dish Network will acquire satellite mobile operator TerreStar Networks for US$1.375 billion under an agreement approved Thursday by a bankruptcy court.
A group of GPS vendors and users has challenged mobile startup LightSquared's credibility in a response to the company's new plan for a hybrid satellite and LTE mobile network.
Mobile broadband startup LightSquared has raised another US$265 million that it can use for building its 4G LTE network, despite the uncertainty of that network being approved by the FCC.
With consumers these days living ever more mobile and connected lives, it seems only natural that we'd move toward a more connected automobile. After all, the average urban American spends the equivalent of 8.3 days a year commuting, according to The...
A GPS industry group dismissed mobile startup LightSquared's alternative proposal for an LTE network that would operate on frequencies close to the GPS band, saying the company hasn't presented any clear plan to reduce interference.
There's little disagreement about what a test report expected this week will say about LightSquared's proposed LTE network: It knocks out GPS on many devices. There's far less consensus about what causes the problem and what to do about it.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has stepped into the fray over startup LightSquared's planned mobile data network, and passed a bill that would block the Federal Communications Commission from spending any money granting the carrier a waiv...
The coast is not yet clear for LightSquared's hybrid satellite-LTE network despite the company's announcement on Monday that it has found a solution to interference with GPS.
LightSquared said it may ask for another two weeks to compile a report on possible interference between its planned cellular network and the GPS system, as a Wednesday deadline for the report loomed.
NBN Co intends to clarify the speeds attainable via satellite under the National Broadband Network (NBN) once the interim solution goes live in July this year.
Damaged caused to telecommunications networks in Japan by the March 11 earthquake will take months to fully repair.
Optus today announced the announced that a new satellite, Optus 10, is scheduled to be deployed for Australia and New Zealand by 2013.
LightSquared has begun planning for GPS interference tests that will determine whether it can roll out a combination satellite-LTE mobile data network and issued the first of several required monthly reports on the process.
The International Telecommunication Union is sending satellite phones to Japan to help rescue work and to reconnect communities cut off by last Friday's earthquake.
Mobile startup LightSquared announced a deal with rural carrier Open Range on Friday that is designed to extend broadband into remote parts of the U.S. through satellite and terrestrial wireless networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT