The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (ACCC) Targeting Scams Report found in total, more than $229 million was lost to scams in 2015.
Cybercriminals in Japan are targeting iPhone users with an online scam that tricks them into installing a malicious application when they attempt to view porn videos.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
The latest versions of Safari for Mac OS X and iOS are vulnerable to a URL-spoofing exploit that could allow hackers to launch credible phishing attacks.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD