A sophisticated phishing email purporting to be from Telstra has been identified by MailGuard. "It's just mind-blowingly awesome," the security vendor's CEO Craig McDonald said on Monday.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (ACCC) Targeting Scams Report found in total, more than $229 million was lost to scams in 2015.
Cybercriminals in Japan are targeting iPhone users with an online scam that tricks them into installing a malicious application when they attempt to view porn videos.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
The latest versions of Safari for Mac OS X and iOS are vulnerable to a URL-spoofing exploit that could allow hackers to launch credible phishing attacks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC