Cybercriminals in Japan are targeting iPhone users with an online scam that tricks them into installing a malicious application when they attempt to view porn videos.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
The latest versions of Safari for Mac OS X and iOS are vulnerable to a URL-spoofing exploit that could allow hackers to launch credible phishing attacks.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Over five percent of browser visits to Google owned websites, including Google Search, are altered by computer programs that inject ads into pages. One called Superfish is responsible for a majority of those ad injections.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW