Romanian authorities dismantled a cybercriminal ring that stole an estimated US$4 million from U.S. citizens by posting offers for non-existent items on online auction websites.
A new variant of a Trojan program called Reveton that prevents victims from using their computers and displays rogue messages from law enforcement agencies is using localized voice messages to trick victims into paying made-up fines, according to res...
Police in Romania, the Czech Republic, the U.K. and Canada have arrested six Romanian citizens accused of advertising and selling nonexistent automobiles on several U.S. websites in a multimillion-dollar scheme, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Attackers can read emails, contacts and other private data from the accounts of Yahoo users who visit a malicious page by abusing a feature present on Yahoo's Developer Network website, according to an independent security researcher.
Three U.S. agencies and a group of state attorneys general have filed more than 70 civil and criminal cases against defendants offering allegedly bogus business opportunities, with some of the defendants offering to help customers set up online busin...
Customers of the popular CloudFlare website acceleration and security service were targeted in an email attack that directed them to a fake version of the website.
Web users and people shopping online during the upcoming holiday season should watch out for a new crop of scams, some of them targeting users of mobile devices, cybersecurity vendor McAfee warned.
About 200 Android applications currently hosted on Google Play create spoofed SMS messages on the devices they are installed on, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Spammers have found a way to abuse a URL shortener service destined for U.S. government social media activities in order to craft rogue .gov URLs for work-at-home scams.
U.K. police arrested six people on Thursday for allegedly running a phishing scam that stole an estimated £1.6 million (US$2.6 million) from victims who had taken out student loans.
Researchers from browser security vendor Trusteer have identified a new variant of the SpyEye financial Trojan that tricks online banking users into changing the phone numbers associated with their accounts.
Facebook has partnered with security vendor Websense to protect its users from third-party malicious URLs spammed on the social networking website, the companies said on Monday.
Romania has long been considered a hotbed for cybercriminal activity, but in recent years law enforcement authorities have made significant efforts to crack down on online fraud gangs that steal millions every year from victims worldwide.
Sony PlayStation users are being warned by the FBI about scams targeting them and other online consumers.
With geeks still scrambling to get their hands on the last of Hewlett-Packard's US$99 TouchPads, a $US49 deal just seems too good to be true.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD