The sale of iTunes accounts that have reportedly been hacked has yet to be stopped by Apple or the Chinese e-commerce site hosting the sellers.
The general manager of a business partner of Connecticut's Domestic Bank has pleaded guilty to his role in a scheme that siphoned millions from automated teller machines.
A slip on the keyboard could land Web surfers on questionable survey pages instead of the websites they really want to visit: Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
Facebook has filed lawsuits aimed at cracking down on a variety of scams that have been running wild on the social-networking site in recent months.
A Chandler, Arizona, man has pleaded guilty to charges related to his role in a pump-and-dump scam that inflated penny stock prices via spam and hacked computers.
A clever spammer found a glitch in Facebook's photo upload system and used it to post thousands of unwanted Wall messages this week.
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for sending out fraudulent e-mails offering victims big bucks in exchange for moving cash to the United States.
Scammers are trying to take advantage of the fact that many users will soon have to update their version of the TweetDeck Twitter software.
Facebook and Twitter users are complaining about their accounts being compromised and then being used to spam friends with suspicious "free iPad offers."
Users of Apple's iTunes services should keep a close eye on PayPal and credit card statements for fraudulent iTunes charges.
The group responsible for managing the Internet's domain name system is asking Demand Media's eNom division for answers following complaints from Internet security groups.
Thieves are stealing credit-card numbers through skimmers they secretly installed inside pumps at gas stations throughout the US Southeast, using Bluetooth wireless to transmit stolen card numbers.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has disrupted a long-running online scam that allowed offshore fraudsters to steal millions of dollars from U.S. consumers -- often by taking just pennies at a time.
Cybercriminals sent 3.7 billion phishing emails over the last year, in a bid to steal money from unsuspecting web users, says CPP.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW