The sale of iTunes accounts that have reportedly been hacked has yet to be stopped by Apple or the Chinese e-commerce site hosting the sellers.
The general manager of a business partner of Connecticut's Domestic Bank has pleaded guilty to his role in a scheme that siphoned millions from automated teller machines.
A slip on the keyboard could land Web surfers on questionable survey pages instead of the websites they really want to visit: Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
Facebook has filed lawsuits aimed at cracking down on a variety of scams that have been running wild on the social-networking site in recent months.
A Chandler, Arizona, man has pleaded guilty to charges related to his role in a pump-and-dump scam that inflated penny stock prices via spam and hacked computers.
A clever spammer found a glitch in Facebook's photo upload system and used it to post thousands of unwanted Wall messages this week.
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for sending out fraudulent e-mails offering victims big bucks in exchange for moving cash to the United States.
Scammers are trying to take advantage of the fact that many users will soon have to update their version of the TweetDeck Twitter software.
Facebook and Twitter users are complaining about their accounts being compromised and then being used to spam friends with suspicious "free iPad offers."
Users of Apple's iTunes services should keep a close eye on PayPal and credit card statements for fraudulent iTunes charges.
The group responsible for managing the Internet's domain name system is asking Demand Media's eNom division for answers following complaints from Internet security groups.
Thieves are stealing credit-card numbers through skimmers they secretly installed inside pumps at gas stations throughout the US Southeast, using Bluetooth wireless to transmit stolen card numbers.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has disrupted a long-running online scam that allowed offshore fraudsters to steal millions of dollars from U.S. consumers -- often by taking just pennies at a time.
Cybercriminals sent 3.7 billion phishing emails over the last year, in a bid to steal money from unsuspecting web users, says CPP.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW