A slip on the keyboard could land Web surfers on questionable survey pages instead of the websites they really want to visit: Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
Facebook has filed lawsuits aimed at cracking down on a variety of scams that have been running wild on the social-networking site in recent months.
A Chandler, Arizona, man has pleaded guilty to charges related to his role in a pump-and-dump scam that inflated penny stock prices via spam and hacked computers.
A clever spammer found a glitch in Facebook's photo upload system and used it to post thousands of unwanted Wall messages this week.
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for sending out fraudulent e-mails offering victims big bucks in exchange for moving cash to the United States.
Scammers are trying to take advantage of the fact that many users will soon have to update their version of the TweetDeck Twitter software.
Facebook and Twitter users are complaining about their accounts being compromised and then being used to spam friends with suspicious "free iPad offers."
Users of Apple's iTunes services should keep a close eye on PayPal and credit card statements for fraudulent iTunes charges.
The group responsible for managing the Internet's domain name system is asking Demand Media's eNom division for answers following complaints from Internet security groups.
Thieves are stealing credit-card numbers through skimmers they secretly installed inside pumps at gas stations throughout the US Southeast, using Bluetooth wireless to transmit stolen card numbers.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has disrupted a long-running online scam that allowed offshore fraudsters to steal millions of dollars from U.S. consumers -- often by taking just pennies at a time.
Cybercriminals sent 3.7 billion phishing emails over the last year, in a bid to steal money from unsuspecting web users, says CPP.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Scammers are infecting computers with a Trojan horse program disguised as software that determines whether PCs are compatible with Windows 7.
A scam Facebook page offering the site's users a US$1,000 Ikea gift card took in nearly 40,000 victims Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW