A professional unit for any office that has demanding document scanning needs
HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One printer review: one of the best printers of 2010 for home use
This budget Dell laser printer can pump out black and white text pages quickly and with decent quality
Scanners in pictures
How we will print and scan in the future
3D printing may have an image problem. It's sometimes seen as a hobbyist pursuit -- a fun way to build knickknacks from your living room desktop -- but a growing number of companies are giving serious thought to the technology to help get new ideas o...
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Xerox will disable a scanner setting in some of its WorkCentre products that can sometimes result in figures being altered in scanned documents.
Japan's Casio is preparing to launch a new Android tablet for businesses that acts as a personal scanner.
The space required to store paper documents can be a problem. Digitizing your documents renders them exquisitely portable--you can store an entire library on your e-book reader with ease. And because paper documents can be turned into editable comput...
Today the digital camera is ubiquitous, but photos used to be taken by momentarily exposing something called "film" to light. Yes, film--the ode to photo-sensitive chemical reactions that produced all of the pictures made before 1990 or so. Those ima...
Drowning in paper? Don't have time to feed hundreds of documents into your scanner? A Web service called Pixily will turn your hard copies into electronic documents you can store, share, and search online.
Filing is no easier in the digital age. Now we have electronic receipts stashed in email messages or on cloud services or on our phones, in addition to the paper documents stuffed in file cabinets and perhaps left in little piles here and there aroun...
How we will print and scan in the future
If you've got a filing cabinet - or desk - overflowing with documents, or if you want more thoughtful file management in general, a scanner can save you space, time, and ultimately money.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW