A professional unit for any office that has demanding document scanning needs
HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One printer review: one of the best printers of 2010 for home use
This budget Dell laser printer can pump out black and white text pages quickly and with decent quality
Scanners in pictures
How we will print and scan in the future
3D printing may have an image problem. It's sometimes seen as a hobbyist pursuit -- a fun way to build knickknacks from your living room desktop -- but a growing number of companies are giving serious thought to the technology to help get new ideas o...
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Xerox will disable a scanner setting in some of its WorkCentre products that can sometimes result in figures being altered in scanned documents.
Japan's Casio is preparing to launch a new Android tablet for businesses that acts as a personal scanner.
The space required to store paper documents can be a problem. Digitizing your documents renders them exquisitely portable--you can store an entire library on your e-book reader with ease. And because paper documents can be turned into editable comput...
Today the digital camera is ubiquitous, but photos used to be taken by momentarily exposing something called "film" to light. Yes, film--the ode to photo-sensitive chemical reactions that produced all of the pictures made before 1990 or so. Those ima...
Drowning in paper? Don't have time to feed hundreds of documents into your scanner? A Web service called Pixily will turn your hard copies into electronic documents you can store, share, and search online.
Filing is no easier in the digital age. Now we have electronic receipts stashed in email messages or on cloud services or on our phones, in addition to the paper documents stuffed in file cabinets and perhaps left in little piles here and there aroun...
How we will print and scan in the future
If you've got a filing cabinet - or desk - overflowing with documents, or if you want more thoughtful file management in general, a scanner can save you space, time, and ultimately money.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW