A professional unit for any office that has demanding document scanning needs
HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One printer review: one of the best printers of 2010 for home use
This budget Dell laser printer can pump out black and white text pages quickly and with decent quality
Scanners in pictures
How we will print and scan in the future
3D printing may have an image problem. It's sometimes seen as a hobbyist pursuit -- a fun way to build knickknacks from your living room desktop -- but a growing number of companies are giving serious thought to the technology to help get new ideas o...
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Xerox will disable a scanner setting in some of its WorkCentre products that can sometimes result in figures being altered in scanned documents.
Japan's Casio is preparing to launch a new Android tablet for businesses that acts as a personal scanner.
The space required to store paper documents can be a problem. Digitizing your documents renders them exquisitely portable--you can store an entire library on your e-book reader with ease. And because paper documents can be turned into editable comput...
Today the digital camera is ubiquitous, but photos used to be taken by momentarily exposing something called "film" to light. Yes, film--the ode to photo-sensitive chemical reactions that produced all of the pictures made before 1990 or so. Those ima...
Drowning in paper? Don't have time to feed hundreds of documents into your scanner? A Web service called Pixily will turn your hard copies into electronic documents you can store, share, and search online.
Filing is no easier in the digital age. Now we have electronic receipts stashed in email messages or on cloud services or on our phones, in addition to the paper documents stuffed in file cabinets and perhaps left in little piles here and there aroun...
How we will print and scan in the future
If you've got a filing cabinet - or desk - overflowing with documents, or if you want more thoughtful file management in general, a scanner can save you space, time, and ultimately money.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW