SeaMicro has crammed 768 Atom processor cores into its latest low-power SM10000-64HD server in an effort to provide a quick response time to Web transactions while saving energy.
SeaMicro on Monday announced a low-power server that includes 256 of Intel's latest Atom N570 dual-core processors.
Intel will not position its Atom processor for the server market, even as some vendors are building servers around collections of hundreds of low-power Atom processors, a company executive said.
SeaMicro has developed a server that packs in 512 low-power Intel Atom processors on miniature motherboards the size of credit cards, the company announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber drivers in the UK are employees, court rules
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData ScientistSA
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Developer : Mainframe (Perth Based)SA
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Automation Test EngineerQLD
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTSOE ConsultantACT