As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be wr...
With Google set to buy app-maker Waze, the question is whether Google actually needs the crowd-sourced traffic app or is simply trying to stick it to its competitors.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Google very publicly called out Microsoft's Bing search engine -- claiming that it copies its search results from Google. The initial charge has been followed by a back and forth exchange of insults and accusations, but one thing that is sort of lost...
Today's announcement that Google co-founder Larry Page would replace Eric Schmidt as the company's CEO was a surprise, but maybe it shouldn't have been. While the company's earnings are still stellar, Schmidt has made a series of embarrassing stateme...
If you're ever bored, you can while away the hours by looking at Google's auto-suggestions. Simply type a word or two -- or even a letter -- in the search box and see what popular searches Google suggests for you. Here are some of the funniest, weird...
Searching for status updates is not Twitter's forte, so leave it to Google to make its own Realtime Search engine more powerful instead.
As the online search industry matures, SEO (search engine optimisation) has become much more than a keyword targeting tactic: it has evolved into optimising your brand presence through search. The advance of search algorithms has increased the import...
Google's decision to stop censoring search engine results in China, announced in a blog posting Monday, flies in the face of common wisdom when it comes to doing business in the country.
Microsoft's Bing search engine may still be a bit player in the lucrative online search business dominated by Google, but it's slowly and steadily gaining users.
Given undistinguished history of Microsoft's late and unlamented Live Search engine, the predecessor to Bing, it's easy to dismiss Redmond as a hapless also-ran in the search market. But given the vast sums of money and resources that Microsoft is in...
Google has unveiled Caffeine, a "next-generation architecture" for its Web search platform. The retooled search engine is said to be faster, more accurate, and more comprehensive than the current Google search setup.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
We read a lot about the delivery, and popularity, of SMS services such as market prices, health advice and job alerts in developing countries, information there is clearly a need for. Only last week Grameen's AppLab initiative, in conjunction with Go...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC