As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be wr...
With Google set to buy app-maker Waze, the question is whether Google actually needs the crowd-sourced traffic app or is simply trying to stick it to its competitors.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Google very publicly called out Microsoft's Bing search engine -- claiming that it copies its search results from Google. The initial charge has been followed by a back and forth exchange of insults and accusations, but one thing that is sort of lost...
Today's announcement that Google co-founder Larry Page would replace Eric Schmidt as the company's CEO was a surprise, but maybe it shouldn't have been. While the company's earnings are still stellar, Schmidt has made a series of embarrassing stateme...
If you're ever bored, you can while away the hours by looking at Google's auto-suggestions. Simply type a word or two -- or even a letter -- in the search box and see what popular searches Google suggests for you. Here are some of the funniest, weird...
Searching for status updates is not Twitter's forte, so leave it to Google to make its own Realtime Search engine more powerful instead.
As the online search industry matures, SEO (search engine optimisation) has become much more than a keyword targeting tactic: it has evolved into optimising your brand presence through search. The advance of search algorithms has increased the import...
Google's decision to stop censoring search engine results in China, announced in a blog posting Monday, flies in the face of common wisdom when it comes to doing business in the country.
Microsoft's Bing search engine may still be a bit player in the lucrative online search business dominated by Google, but it's slowly and steadily gaining users.
Given undistinguished history of Microsoft's late and unlamented Live Search engine, the predecessor to Bing, it's easy to dismiss Redmond as a hapless also-ran in the search market. But given the vast sums of money and resources that Microsoft is in...
Google has unveiled Caffeine, a "next-generation architecture" for its Web search platform. The retooled search engine is said to be faster, more accurate, and more comprehensive than the current Google search setup.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
We read a lot about the delivery, and popularity, of SMS services such as market prices, health advice and job alerts in developing countries, information there is clearly a need for. Only last week Grameen's AppLab initiative, in conjunction with Go...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT